Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smasung Gear S3 Not Syncing with S-Health on Galaxy S8+

(Topic created on: 08-07-2017 11:07 AM)
KevinJames
Student
Options

Since an update on 20/06 I have been having issues syncing data; my Gear S3 no longer sync's it activity data with S-Health on my Galaxy S8+ phone. I have tried the obvious restarts on both devices, I have reset the Gear S3, disconnected it from the phone and set up a new connection. I have also cleared the cache ion the S-Health and reset the App Data and finally uninstalled  S-Health from the phone and re-installed all with the same result.

The Gear S3 is connected to the phone, I get notifications, alarms etc but there is no connection to the Gear S3 in S-Health and any data does not sync, be it activity data, sleep data, hr readings, floors climbed etc.

The current version of S-Health installed is 5.9.1.003 and the Tizen version in the Gear S3 is 2.3.2.3, software version R760XXU2BQC5

Any ideas?

Kevin James
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AlexRambo
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi, i understand you, because sometimes i have the same problems ^^

To fix it, i reboot my phone

░▒▓█▀▄▀★AlexRambo★▄▀█▓▒░
Next Setup : Note Fold 5G
Actual Setup : Note 9 dual sim 512gb + Fold5G
Past : S4,S5,S6,S6E+,N7,N7s,S7E,S8+,N8
brightspark
First Poster
Options

Hi there

having exactly the same problem  on S8+ and Gear 3.

Spoken to Samsung support,

The Gear S3 is connected to the phone, I get notifications, alarms etc but there is no connection to the Gear S3 in S-Health and any data does not sync, be it activity data, sleep data, hr readings, floors climbed etc.

The current version of S-Health installed is 5.9.1.003 and the Tizen version in the Gear S3 is 2.3.2.3, software version R760XXU2BQC5

Any ideas?

tried unpairing reinstalling, restarting.. no luck

It doesnt sync Heart rate and Steps..

Very frustrating

Not sure if its a recent software upgrade on the phone...

0 Likes
KevinJames
Student
Options

Hi

I received notification from Samsung support that the issue was to do with the Google App and by uninstalling this App would cure the problem. However, after looking into similar issues in the forum I came across it was suggested removing the Gear S3 Plugin and reinstalling. I have tried this and it does appear to have worked. It was not immediate but within a couple of hours after reinstalling data was again syncing correctly. 

Kevin James
brightspark
First Poster
Options

HI Kevin

Thanks for that

Interesting

SAmsung support got me to 

Reinstall the latest Samsung Phone Update

Unpair and Pair the Watch

Uninstall and reinstall Gear App. (yesterday morning)

JUst checked this morning and it is still not syncing.

I use Google Now launcher... maybe that or the Google App is blocking it.. Will try later removing them and see what happens

Will let you know

Thanks again

0 Likes
SamW
First Poster
Options

Hi Kevin,

I have two questions about your response (if you even remember the problem from four months ago!):

• First, which is the "Google App" you reference? I have several google apps. Which app did you mean?
  • Also, what was the "Gear S3 Plugin" that you removed and reinstalled? Did you just mean "Samsung Gear"?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Likes
Jedart
First Poster
Options

OK, my story. Meizu S6, Gear S3 Frontier R765T. Same sync problem, so i decided to try and downgrade the version of Gear S Plugin to Gear S Plugin 2.2.03.17032461. SHealth immediately start picking data from watches. Right now going for a run, to confirm

0 Likes
Jedart
First Poster
Options
UPT: All syncing
0 Likes
RayRay
First Poster
Options

Workouts no longer sync to my S8+. It keeps saying  "couldn't sync". I'm about fed up with this $300.00 plus piece of ***** Samsung has sold me.  Every update to the phone or the Gear 3 frountier screws something up. You'd think they could hire comptetent programers, but, obviously, that's NOT the case.

$300.00 plus and it can't last a year. Same ***** from Fitbit and Microsoft Band 2.

These companies sell garbage and have no idea how to maintain their programs.

0 Likes