Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch 4 classic overheating

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 04:01 PM)
Sam502
Apprentice
Options

I just got my 46mm watch 4 classic  LTE, and I'm getting an overheating message when connected with my Buds Pro. I get the issue after about a minute of them being connected,  but have no issues with the watch when it's connected to my car. Both instances I'm streaming Spotify,  and no other devices are connected (I left my phone at home and drove to the supermarket).

The watch doesn't actually get any warmer,  so I believe this is a software issue. Is anyone else experiencing this,  or are Samsung likely to update the software to fix the overheating? 

5 REPLIES 5
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @Sam502! Please try forcing a restart on your watch by pressing and holding the Home button > Power off > Wait a few seconds > Press and hold the Home button to power the watch back on. Let us know how you get on, hopefully, this should resolve the problem. 

0 Likes
Sam502
Apprentice
Options
Hi Beth, that didn't work. It seemed to be working until I realised it was connected to WiFi. Less than a minute after switching to mobile data it gave me the overheating message. The device didn't change temperature.
Davethetech
Explorer
Options
This is an ongoing issue, i am going yo to be on my 3rd and final replacement for the same problem, i find it is worse using it in standalone lte/4g mode.
If you were to test the issue with the watch somewhere cool like a freezer or rested on a cube of ice it will work fine. (i have tested this theory) This is not practical however, i find my Watch 3 outperforms this by some margin.
No overheating and you can play music straight from the watch without pairing any headphones, which makes it a true stand alone smartwatch!
There are other posts about this issue, but I haven't seen a fix yet!
0 Likes
Sam502
Apprentice
Options
It hasn't happened when connected to my car stereo, but maybe it wasn't streaming for a long enough period of time. I'll find that out on Wednesday as I have a ~3 hour drive & will try that with the phone disconnected. The watch doesn't increase in temperature when it does this, and it happens too quickly to have gained enough heat anyway.
Would be mildly amusing if someone has used Fahrenheit instead of Celsius in their code for shutting off.
0 Likes
AnkaZ
First Poster
Options
I've got exactly same problem! Overheating while connected through mobile service.
Sent the watch to repair and waited 5 weeks!!! to get it back with the note they didn't find any problem! So I was using this watch for 1 week before sending it to them and after all this time "being repaired" I got the same "good" watch.
0 Likes