Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Watch 5

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 05:24 PM)
SarsieLou
Apprentice
Options

My smart watch 5 is having a meltdown.  When recording a run, instead of recording laps every one mile as set up, it continually tells me that I've run a lap every few seconds.  Yesterday by the time I had run 3 miles, I'd reached 57 laps!  Is there anyway of solving this please?  I've checked the settings and it is set up as autolap every 1 mile.

I also can't see the distance run anymore for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Did you wait until it hooked on to the GPS before starting the run?,
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I think that there is a bug with a recent update. I got similar situation, it began to tell me about a lap every second, but the funny bit was that I was not doing it at all. I had done my running before it had its fit. It fixed itself though.

Have you tried clearing the cache?

slide up to see the apps, select recent apps, (the top app, if no customisation), slide from the left to the end and select close all. 

SarsieLou
Apprentice
Options

Thank you.  I'll try that.

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
5 pro here

It's doing a good job with Treadmill
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Oh something funny to share, I activated outdoor running and did Treadmill running for 10km, it credited me with 2km 😂
SarsieLou
Apprentice
Options

I've had to do a factory reset - off out  for a run later to test it.  Hoping it's sorted itself out as I have a marathon coming up  - need my watch to be accurate - can you imagine running a marathon with laps shouting in your ear every few seconds! 😅

0 Likes
SpiderNetUK
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue, but it seems to happen on the same part of my route, so it's either time related or more likely loosing GPS maybe? I just turned it off and back on again...

Anyone fixed it?
0 Likes