Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart watch 3

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 09:04 PM)
Nienna10
First Poster
Options
Does anyone know what else is needed except for connecting my esim and following the on screen instructions on my phone and watch to get the watch connected to your mobile carier. O2 is useless! They cant seem to get my watch to make standalone calls.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Presume you have the 4G version of the watch
You need to add it to your phone plan as an extra device with your carrier though I think only Vodafone, O2 and EE currently offer this( incurs an extra monthly cost - know for Vodafine its £7 / month but not sure how much O2 or EE charge )
Then need to go in to the " Mobile Plan " option in the wearable app and link it to your new add on plan

Nb - watch will work via the phone if connected and within range of the phone - once out of range of phone should then work stand alone
0 Likes
Nienna10
First Poster
Options
Thank you. I have a seperate number and esim (contract with airtime and data for the watch) so I am really hoping there is no extra plan I need to add. There seems to be no options under mobile plans. It just says o2 pay monthly.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Ah OK- sorry but dont know about setting the watch up on its own plan - I have mine linked to my Vodafone phone plan so phone and watch share the same mobile number and minutes/ data
Hopefully someone else on here can help - or retry O2 / check their website faq's
0 Likes
Nienna10
First Poster
Options
Thank you so much for the advice. This was more helpful then 10 days on the phone to o2 . It jus shows my watch plan under mobile plans. Does yours show two mobile plans? Or just one you share (the phones model nr?)
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
When tap on Mobile Plan it shows a screen with details of one plan saying provider is Vodafone, a toggle ( switch showing turned on ) plan name and then under the More Information option it shows eid no etc which I think is the watch eid and 2 model numbers - phone and watch

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I believe with O2 you need to go in to an O2 store to set it up
0 Likes
Nienna10
First Poster
Options
Did that to no avail. They don't know how either
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Could try checking the settings on the watch itself - Settings - Connections- Mobile Networks- Mobile plans and see if your plan is there or if need to add / activate it
Not sure if will help but prob worth a look
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options

Just thinking - if you don't actually need to have your watch on a separate number might be worth asking O2 to scrap the watch plan and set up a new one as an add on to your phone plan so watch shares the same number and minutes / data as your phone plan - might then be easier to set up the watch to use it - just a thought !
0 Likes