Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart wake alarm on Watch

(Topic created on: 10-12-2022 09:28 AM)
KarinnaFranco
First Poster
Options

What I wish there was built in on the samsung watches was a smart wake alarm. 

I know there is apps but i feel there should be something similar to fitbit where we set an alarm and 30 minutes to an hour before the watch analyses the sleep pattern to find when you are in light sleep to gently wake you up. 

Cause the idea of using an app when the watch has all the features built in all it has to do is optimise for it sounds so much better and simpler. 

(2)
7 REPLIES 7
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Yeah the best you get currently is set an alarm on your phone and it also vibrates and alerts on the watch 😄
0 Likes
dritter
Journeyman
Options

Exactly that. And it wasn't even Fitbit who invented this, my Pebble (yes, we're talking nearly a decade ago) had this feature.

I'm so very disappointed by the software up until now (using a Galaxy Watch 5).

EDIT I found the perfect smart alarm: It's "wake up well" and it's highly underrated probably due to the fact that though you can test it indefinitely to comfortably repeat the alarms you'll have to pay (a reasonable price).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.pete.wakeupwell

AFlyingKiwi
First Poster
Options

Hey there, I tried to use this app based on you suggestion, but unfortunatly cannot get it to work as it always asked me to allow a permission but when I tap on the button to take me to the permissions screen there is no permission to allow. Did you have this problem at all, and would you know how to fix it?

dritter
Journeyman
Options

That's cool to hear :-). I hope you enjoy it after understanding the permission request.

You don't need to give the permission. It's a minor thing on Samsung watches and there's a workaround (see below). I don't bother actually, when I need to configure alarms I just brush the request aside and everything works as intended.

You'll find the explanation by the developer here: https://wakeupwell.pete.ch/faq/ (contrary to what is written about "sleep mode" wakeupwell wakes me up even when in "sleep mode")

0 Likes
drichgirl
First Poster
Options

Well, so much for Samsung caring what we the consumers want. This was posted in 2022, it's now 2024 and still no smart awake. Shame on them!

Wonder if they really care what we want or even read what we care about.

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy 6 Classic and this will be the last Samsung watch I will buy until they care.

For now, I sleep with my fitbit, and it wakes me up smartly!

(1)
AntS
Options

Just seen this one, @drichgirl  , and I've put it to our R&D team as a suggestion. Me or one of the other mods will let you guys know what they back to us with on it when they do.

Personally, speaking as someone who's groggy and *ahem* sometimes a little grouchy in the morning, I think something that would wake me up better would be nice.

Lord-m
First Poster
Options

Please do! I'm tempted to be strictly samsung for my fitness tracking needs, but my fitbit charge 6 I've been using more often than my watch 6 JUST for this feature, believe it or not.