Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking has stopped - galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 06:54 AM)
Emasullivan
Explorer
Options

I've had my Galaxy Watch Active 2 since it came out and I've loved it.. I hated the original because it was so inaccurate. I've had fitbits for years and never had an issue with tracking... Just syncing and all that 🙄

My Active 2 has tracked sleep absolutely fine since I got it, but the last two nights. Nothing. It's really weird. I've changed nothing on the watch and worn it the same as always bit it's just not caught any of my sleep! 

Has anyone else experienced this?

49 REPLIES 49
RobES
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem. Very frustrating. I got the latest update last week but doesn't look to be related to that given people having issues before that...

0 Likes
Mousern
First Poster
Options

I did a hard restart on the watch (instructions at https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-watch-active-2/hardreset/) today and sleep tracking is  working again. Be sure to back up the watch in the process. You will have to set up your widgets and customization of your favorite apps though after the reset. But it's easy  enough as long as you've completed the backup.

0 Likes
dortiz9714
First Poster
Options
My Galaxy Watch2 kept track for 1 night, now it says "no sleep record". I've ony had this watch for 1 week.
SimarS
Journeyman
Options

It must be a bug in the app.

I had an iphone 6+, after the first 3 days it stopped syncing. Once I fiddled with restarting the phone at the same time restarting the watch, after a few tries, it synced, then never again.

More than a month ago I switched from iphone to Samsung A50, the app has been work perfectly, always sync.

0 Likes
BogP
Student
Options

Galaxy Active 2. First day Samsung Health showing the sleep stages, after that no stages, only duration.

The watch records the REM (can see the data on the watch) but does not sync it to the App.

Reboot did not sort the issue.

0 Likes
MaxieX
First Poster
Options

I have an active 2. Sleep tracking has worked fine for the past 6 months (sometimes I'd have a "motionless" reading if my watch was too loose) however I was fiddling with my watch settings and checked for updates, there were none new, and that's when my sleep tracking stopped working for the last few nights. I tried rebooting but what FIXED it was going into the settings within the sleep app on my watch and turning the "record REM sleep" off, then restarting the watch. Once restarted I checked the setting and it was automatically set to on again. My watch recorded my sleep fully last night.

0 Likes
Cjmorris
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem after three days of getting the watch. This worked for me (turning REM off, restarting & then turning REM back on)

0 Likes
Camel_dz
Apprentice
Options

The same issue. After 2 days using device problem with sync popup. I think as well to returned and change for other product.

No support at all from Samsung.

0 Likes
BazSkywalker
First Poster
Options

Yes, exactly as described. Clearly a software issue. I had an Ionic before and syncing would play up and notifications on the watch didn't always work. But the App and data recording on the Ionic is second to none. I suppose all of these devices have compromises. Software is never perfect. But frustrating if you've come from a Fitbit world. 

0 Likes
LordDabz
First Poster
Options

Hey guys,

I also had a fitbit charge 3, and i loved my fitbit. It's what got my started on fitness watches, I have noticed this watch is not as accurate as fitbit, which is a massive disappointment and let down. My sleep is not being tracked properly like many of you and my HR sensor is wonky. This is a huge inconvenience considering this is what the main purpose and design of the watch is for. You would think Samsung would come out for a fix asap. I remember when fitbit had a software issue, they're forums blew up and they had it fixed in a matter of hours. For a serious fitness buff, I must say the cheaper charge fitbits seem to be key, they also have a 7 day battery life. I have to charge this silly Samsung watch daily. Then they dont include simple apps like messenger, I'm trying really hard here Samsung but you're making it very difficult. Listen to your consumers or suffer the consequences. 

0 Likes