Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking has stopped - galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created on: 21-01-2020 05:51 PM)
Emasullivan
Explorer
Options

I've had my Galaxy Watch Active 2 since it came out and I've loved it.. I hated the original because it was so inaccurate. I've had fitbits for years and never had an issue with tracking... Just syncing and all that 🙄

My Active 2 has tracked sleep absolutely fine since I got it, but the last two nights. Nothing. It's really weird. I've changed nothing on the watch and worn it the same as always bit it's just not caught any of my sleep! 

Has anyone else experienced this?

49 REPLIES 49
Didier3001
Apprentice
Options

I'm a Fitbit user for the last 2 years and decided to switch to something else since the recent acquisition by Scroogle. I now have a gold Galaxy watch Active 2 which is now my main watch, Fitbit Ionic on the other wrist. On top of this I also track my sleep  with a Withings sleep mattress. Conclusion, Fitbit and Withings matress shows very similar results with around 1h45-2h of deep sleep every night. Unfortunately the Galaxy watch Active 2 only shows around 30 to 45 mins of deep sleep per night for the last 4 weeks even though I manually enable good night mode each night. 

I can return the watch until end of January and without a fix I will return it.

Scott500
Student
Options

I'm having the exact same problem.. what I did is the forced shutdown on here.. but even after doing that I noticed the health app didn't show my sleep. However when I looked at my watch the sleep activity was recorded. I went into the health app on the watch, then settings.. I turned off the REM sleep option. Then I turned it back on. After doing that it transfer the previous night's sleep record to the health app on my phone. Obviously there's a bug but at least that's a quick fix temporarily.

SimarS
Journeyman
Options

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Not sure this is related to me not using a Samsung phone. Is your phone a Samsung phone?

0 Likes
SimarS
Journeyman
Options

I don't know how sleep tracking works, need to spend some researching it.

The time when my phone didn't register my sleep it said something like "We couldn't detect your heart rate hence could not record your REM or deep sleep."  If this Active2 watch uses heart rate to track a sleep, then it could be more accurate and scientific than a watch only detect on motions.

I'm guessing a mattress must be using motions to track sleep, unless it has probes to detect your heart rate when you lie on your back. But how does it do it when you are on your side? Not sure about Fitbit, there must be multiple of generations of Fitbit around and do they all work the same way?

I'll do some reading and post it back.

0 Likes
erwinhero
Student
Options

Same the past two days. This is the only reason I bought this watch and because I wanted I to align brands with my Note 10+. I'm going to return this to Amazon if it doesn't work tonight. 

Not to get overly detailed but it is incredibly important for my health to track sleep right now.

It's not just a nice piece of information to have. Between this and the false advertising on free accessories with the original Note offer, I'm this close. 

0 Likes
plesh
Student
Options

Already 10 days I'm fighting with the sleep tracking. As said before I had tracking only the very first day. I tried: to tighten it, to reset it, different HR monitoring all possible advices from the community and still-no sleeping data is recorded. This has to be an software issue.

FurioMan
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. I worked well for to weeks and there's no data for last three days...I wonder why twice cheaper watches don't have similar issues. I might again fall into Samsung's false advertising. Going back to Xiaomi, Huawei or Garmin. Active 2 is a fake product.

0 Likes
Didier3001
Apprentice
Options

Yes this is very disappointing. Everyone complain about the sleep tracking but there is no communication or whatsoever from Samsung.

Teepee1
First Poster
Options

Please help I got a Samsung active 2 for Christmas fabulous!! But sleep has stopped working its very frustrating as was working I have save all info reset factory setting reloaded nothing any help much appreciated x

0 Likes
Didier3001
Apprentice
Options

It won't help you but I personally returned the watch last week since this basic feature was not working as expected and was very inaccurate 

0 Likes