Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin rash

(Topic created on: 27-02-2021 10:46 AM)
Tarz
Apprentice
Options
Hello,
I've received, as a gift, a galaxy smart watch 42 mm. I love it, I'm wearing it all the time, but is the second time I'm getting a nasty rash on my wrist. First time was even worse, on my left hand wrist, but I didn't complain and I started to wear the watch on my right hand wrist, and the rash appeared. I'm afraid to wear the watch because of this. Never had problems with other watches.

14 REPLIES 14
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
my advice would be to look for a new strap, either a leather or metal one
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
is it the watch or the strap?? as suggested my 1st option would be to replace the strap
0 Likes
Tarz
Apprentice
Options
Definitely is the strap.
0 Likes
Tarz
Apprentice
Options
I really like the silicone one, it feels good on your wrist, but I will give a try to a leather one.
chubbymama
Apprentice
Options
I used to get this with mine, it's basically a sweat rash - definately get a different strap - I like fabric ones the best.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Silicone is my favourite for keeping the watch in place and it feels nicer to wear imo but is a bit of a sweat magnet. I found if the entire band is silicone I would sweat a lot underneath. But I sweat a lot anyway. Though I did find a silicone one for my galaxy watch 3 for 7.99 on amazon that has holes throughout the strap for ventilation and to be fair nlooks really good and has stopped that problem. But once I take it off I get hole imprints in my skin. Small. sacrifice. I also got a metal strap too to make it look like fancy if I'm ever going out but I've found I can never get it to stay perfectly in place even with hours of tinkering with the strap and it feeling tight it will slip around eventually.
0 Likes
Tarz
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely change the strap. I need to find something that it will be confortable and safer for the skin.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Nylon, leather or leather hybrid were the other options I rememeber.
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
yes silicone can do this. I get them occasionally.
0 Likes