Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin rash from samsung galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 12:09 AM)
papa_strudl
Apprentice
Options

I have recieved multiple itchy red spots on both of my arms (it has also spread to my elbows) after wearing samsung galaxy watch I recently purchased. I have never had any problems with other watches or metals.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
You are describing Contact Dermatitis. Does it receed if you don't wear the watch?
0 Likes
papa_strudl
Apprentice
Options

I wont be wearing the watch for a few days to see if the red spots retract. Will keep you updated!

Shaz1
Journeyman
Options
Is the strap silicone? Only I had the same problem with a fitbit watch with a silicone strap. I've had to replace the strap with a metal one.
0 Likes
papa_strudl
Apprentice
Options

No, I have a leather strap and have used it on other watches, so thats not the problem. I dont have spots around my wrist, but i have one right under where the watch is. From there it spread to my upper arms and elbows.

0 Likes
Shaz1
Journeyman
Options
Oh that's strange 🤔. Like you said then, see how it goes without it on for a bit.
0 Likes
papa_strudl
Apprentice
Options

After not wearing the watch for 3 weeks the red spots have mostly disappeared.

0 Likes
StolenSquid
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Galaxy watch 3 and i have a rash under the watch directly. Hate to say it but I have to return this. I really wish Samsung would invest in some R&D as to why this happens with their watches. And btw Ive never had a skin rash until I started wearing this watch, not sure I'll buy a samsung wearable again.

0 Likes