Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin rash/burn from wearing samsung watch

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 11:39 AM)
disnerd87
First Poster
Options
Ever since getting my galaxy watch, I've noticed a slight reaction where the back of the watch comes into contact with the skin. I figured it was just a heat rash and nothing to worry about
But recently I've found that whenever I wear my smart watch, I have red burn marks on my wrist from where the strap is touching my skin. These are not disappearing and are damaging my skin
I've never had this problem with any other smartwatch or regular watch

I notice that there are similar posts on other forums - what is samsung doing about this? 
Its a very expensive watch to find that I cannot wear it any more!!
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
KholaI
Options

Hey @Megan MD

Could you drop a message to @Sam_UK with more information on this query, so we can look into this further with you?

0 Likes
BW23
First Poster
Options

20230501_205343.jpg

 I developed a round red mark after wearing my samsung watch. I movec it to my.other arm and the same thing happened, but not as bad.

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

We take matters like this very seriously, @BW23. If you're based in the UK or Ireland, please drop a message to Sam_UK. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Options

This has happened to me also. I wonder is there something to do with sensors, so I turned off all the sensors to see any changes.

0 Likes
Options

20240121_100446.jpg

 I've been wearing the Galaxy Watch 6 classic for about a month now and this is what I found out, so what can I do? This have never happened to me before with regular watches and this is my first smart watch. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Clarence Perera : I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue while wearing your Galaxy Watch 6 Classic. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes