Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin rash/burn from wearing samsung watch

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 12:55 PM)
disnerd87
First Poster
Options
Ever since getting my galaxy watch, I've noticed a slight reaction where the back of the watch comes into contact with the skin. I figured it was just a heat rash and nothing to worry about
But recently I've found that whenever I wear my smart watch, I have red burn marks on my wrist from where the strap is touching my skin. These are not disappearing and are damaging my skin
I've never had this problem with any other smartwatch or regular watch

I notice that there are similar posts on other forums - what is samsung doing about this? 
Its a very expensive watch to find that I cannot wear it any more!!
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
MattC90
Apprentice
Options
I have a another watch with same material strap an don't have this issue, so i know its not the strap. But thanks for commenting back. I may look for a different brand in future as this issue happens a lot with others.
Walen
Journeyman
Options

I was very satisfied with the customer support, hence giving the galaxy watch4 another chance. If this hadn't been the case, I would definitely look for different brands aswell. 

You are right, it indeed seems to happen a lot with others, but Samsung is a big firm and like any firm, they'd like to sell as much as possible, so I also believe they take our concerns/problems seriously and (try to) fix this issue asap.

I have also been wearing my old Galaxy watch without issues. I'll drop a message after trying the new Galaxy Watch4.

Best luck in your search!

0 Likes
MattC90
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, yea will see what happens if anything. Hopefully the watch4 is much better an you enjoy your purchase. Have a good day
Members_HkZResn
Student
Options

16361395930125600264279988481204.jpg

 mine is so sore and swollen, I changed from original strap and bought another but is still doing this. My old normal watch was fine 

0 Likes
Members_HkZResn
Student
Options

I will try a leather one, thanks for the advice, such a shame to have something so expensive with a cheap irritable strap 

AminH
Explorer
Options

Hello, @Members_HkZResn! Have you sought medical advice regarding this? 

0 Likes
Heleen_clear
First Poster
Options

 I also face this problem, I stopped wearing the watch a little bit, I thought it was an insect allergy, but when I started wearing it again, the situation worsened even though I tried to wear the watch loose and replaced the strap but my wrist swelled up and I feel very itchy

20211122_221427.jpg

pinkmoon
Journeyman
Options
Hi your skin must be sensitive to it I get that by wearing watch stap I got eczema so I can't wear anything like that try putting a paster under the watch strap ok hope it work it does for me
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @Heleen_clear  

Have you been in touch with your GP regarding this? It seems the issue is caused by the strap, and not the watch itself.

0 Likes
Megan MD
First Poster
Options

I'm also having this problem.

16391143739241898142728098126095.jpg

0 Likes