Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin rash/burn from wearing samsung watch

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 01:05 PM)
disnerd87
First Poster
Options
Ever since getting my galaxy watch, I've noticed a slight reaction where the back of the watch comes into contact with the skin. I figured it was just a heat rash and nothing to worry about
But recently I've found that whenever I wear my smart watch, I have red burn marks on my wrist from where the strap is touching my skin. These are not disappearing and are damaging my skin
I've never had this problem with any other smartwatch or regular watch

I notice that there are similar posts on other forums - what is samsung doing about this? 
Its a very expensive watch to find that I cannot wear it any more!!
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
pinkmoon
Journeyman
Options
Looks bad and sore
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I also have that problem with the silicon strap. I bought myself a leather strap from amazon. I don't have any problems now.
KholaI
Options

Hi there @disnerd87 

This isn't what we'd expect from our products, and we're sorry to hear you've experienced this issue. Please check your inbox for a message from myself, so I can escalate this for you.

0 Likes
iamcool133
Pioneer
Options
Just buy and change our the strap that should work
Walen
Journeyman
Options

I'm having a similar problem. I'm wearing this new Galaxy Watch3 for about a month now...

This is the first time it happens to me. I had been wearing an older model of the galaxy watch for several years before.

Please advice...20210504_185143[1].jpg20210504_185207[1].jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Walen: I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I'd like to get this escalated to the relevant department for you, therefore please send a private message to Sam_UK by tapping on your profile at the top of the page > Messages, and include details of your issue, and myself or one or the other mods will be on hand to assist you further.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
Walen
Journeyman
Options

Many thanks for the prompt reply,  Andrew.

Done as requested.

0 Likes
MattC90
Apprentice
Options

20210529_080625.jpg

 I'm also having this issue, I stopped wearing the watch for a bit as it happened before, but started wearing again an still happens. Tried wearing the watch loose but still happen 

0 Likes
Walen
Journeyman
Options

Hi Matt,

I was told replacing the strap could be a possible solution. In my case though:

thanks to the very helpful Samsung mods, I was able to return my new Galaxy Watch3. (30-day guarantee)
I'm now wearing my old Galaxy watch again.(without getting burned! 🙂)

Looking forward to buying the Galaxy Watch 4 which is announced to be released soon!

0 Likes