Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I buy Gear 3

(Topic created on: 07-08-2018 12:44 AM)
AlexHaden
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

Considering an s3 gear frontier, or a Vivoactive 3 - Now, i'm not a fitness fiend, but would like to do constant HR and track my treadmill/cycles/Hikes, and I know both do those quite well.

I am also not really bothered if i have to charge every 2 days (any less would worry me....)

My question(s) are these....

1) With continual HR enabled on the Gear 3 - what is the battery life like, would i get at least two days (i have iOS, so i wouldnt be doing much else on the watch lol)

2) Some reviews say that it only records HR properly when you arm is still.....um what, is that true or an eggageration?

3) Does anyone have experience of the S Health on iOS?  Is it totally useless, or will i still get the basics, steps, HR, Sleep Analysis etc etc......

Thanks in advance 🙂 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AlexHaden
First Poster
Options
and is it true that the watch faces are limited on the iOS app?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AlexHaden

I only use the steps function on my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch but calories do also show on my watch face. 

I elect to not have my watch turned On overnight. I get 3+ days between charges. 

I can't comment on what Apple offer but can say the amount of watch faces is vast to say the least. 

Rumours are a Gear s4 is coming soon. 

I've had my watch since January 18 and can honestly say that I haven't regretted my purchase once. 

My suggestion is to play around with all the models currently available in a shop to see how you feel.about the different looks and Ui on them. 

Enjoy your journey.   :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi Alexhaden,

If you plan on using the heart rate function a lot then look elsewhere. The gear s3, fit 2 pro and gear sport all have a heart rate recording bug when recording a manual workout.

It has been a problem reported by multiple people, multiple times with multiple devices in multiple regions and 8 months on, it has not been fixed.

If i could get my money back...I would.

Go for a Garmin instead.

For reference, the thread i am referring to is...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-Sport-Not-Tracking-Heart-Rate...

0 Likes