Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorter pool length

(Topic created on: 22-06-2021 12:22 PM)
Tuesday18
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've recently started using the Samsung Galaxy active 2. I've tried a few watches from different brands and they have never done what I wanted in terms of accuracy for swimming. I'm really happy with how clever this watch is with swimming - it detects strokes, pace, distance, turns etc.

But it doesn't allow you to set 16m as a pool length? It does let you set all the way up to 95m....16m is certainly more common than 95!!! The lowest I can set it to is 20m so it means my watch is always over egging my distance and it's really frustrating when everything else works so well.

Presumably this is very easy to adjust from Samsung's perspective? Are there any plans to allow this change? Please! I may have to go on the hunt for another swim watch! 😭

42 REPLIES 42
derryman
First Poster
Options
Did anyone get a response on this. The pool I use is 15m. I could do this on the £20 band I used to use but I can't do it on the galaxy4 which cost me £150.
Tuesday18
Apprentice
Options
No response ever received...still waiting/hoping and can't afford an alternative so just putting up with inaccurate data!
Vasily S
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem with a 15m gym pool. Swimming tracking was the main reason I upgraded to Galaxy Watch from my old band, so that was pretty disappointing... Samsung, please, take a look into this!

JB123456
First Poster
Options
Just became a Samsung galaxy watch owner and tearing my hair out about this. Minimum 20m?! Are they serious?
Members_whMecCE
Student
Options

Wow it's really annoying to be limited by a stupid setting, from 20 to 200 on 5 pro...
My home pool is 10m...
Make me want to switch to Garmin...

GTnH
First Poster
Options

Well, my home pool is 9 yds or 27 ft so I just plug in 27 yds and everything is off by a factor of 3.  Only solution I could find but I agree it is ridiculous that  we have to do this type of thing to workaround Samsung not taking the steps to resolve the problem.  And totally unresponsive.

Rich Clark
Apprentice
Options
Still nothing from Samsung. Really very poor.
0 Likes
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Just got a watch 6 and it's still minimum of 20m. Just download swim.com and you can set whatever you like
BlackSwan112358
First Poster
Options
@samsung how can we add a pool of 200 metres (highly unlikely) but not 16 m or 15 m which are very common pool lengths. Even 12.5 metre are common as it's 8 lengths to do 100 m.
Members_dT2LPgO
First Poster
Options

Most of the Gym pools are below 20 meters. The app must allow manual entry, to fit for the purpose of buying the watch! This must be an easy fix for Samsung. I do not understand why still not actioned despite all the feedback from the users.. Disapointing.