Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorter pool length

(Topic created on: 22-06-2021 12:22 PM)
Tuesday18
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've recently started using the Samsung Galaxy active 2. I've tried a few watches from different brands and they have never done what I wanted in terms of accuracy for swimming. I'm really happy with how clever this watch is with swimming - it detects strokes, pace, distance, turns etc.

But it doesn't allow you to set 16m as a pool length? It does let you set all the way up to 95m....16m is certainly more common than 95!!! The lowest I can set it to is 20m so it means my watch is always over egging my distance and it's really frustrating when everything else works so well.

Presumably this is very easy to adjust from Samsung's perspective? Are there any plans to allow this change? Please! I may have to go on the hunt for another swim watch! 😭

42 REPLIES 42
mmmmmmmmm1
First Poster
Options

Same issue. I really don't like this scroll solution to input integer variable. It would be better if we could use number keyboard. You can set pool length 200m (sic!) but not 15 or 17....

Cra*py huaweii bands allow shorter distances but Premium Samsung  Smarthwatch does not.

ArthurAndesya
Student
Options

Same problem here.. come on Samsung please help us to allow enter customized length shorther than 20m

Rich Clark
Apprentice
Options

Exact same issue since day one. No update, Samsung clearly not listening. Why do you not have the decency to reply to your paying customers? The idea is to retain customers not drive them to other brands. Update the software or at least explain why you can't or won't. 

hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Any updates on this samsung? My pool is 14m
Rodrigo Carvalho
First Poster
Options

I've updated my watch today and still 20m as minimum length:/

vnord
First Poster
Options

Just got my Watch 5 pro lte, and I'm really frickin surprised that such a basic piece of functionality is missing. And even more surprised that it's been an issue for so long and Samsung doesn't even respond?! This is a core use case for me so I guess I'll just return this $500 toy.

nidan2703
Journeyman
Options

I think that's exactly what it's going to take to illicit a reaction. Once people stop buying or returning the watch for something like this or the poor battery life, they'll have no choice but to address certain product shortcomings. I think that now that Fitbit has the new Wearable O/S they'll see their profit margin go down.

simsween
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem except, I swim every day in an endless pool, it keeps track of strokes and heart rate, but thinks my average lap time is > 1hr for 25m :smiling-face: on the summary page it has a label for pool, does nobody know if this can be changed to open water? This would best suit my needs. Otherwise this is a fantastic upgrade from my previous gear S3 watch!!

0 Likes
nidan2703
Journeyman
Options

Use the "Swimming (outdoor)" option instead.

0 Likes
Zoë Bell
Apprentice
Options
Just bought the watch & flabbergasted that I can't choose 15m - I tried being clever & converted into yards & still can't do it! Any update on this Samsung??