Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorter pool length

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 09:41 PM)
Tuesday18
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've recently started using the Samsung Galaxy active 2. I've tried a few watches from different brands and they have never done what I wanted in terms of accuracy for swimming. I'm really happy with how clever this watch is with swimming - it detects strokes, pace, distance, turns etc.

But it doesn't allow you to set 16m as a pool length? It does let you set all the way up to 95m....16m is certainly more common than 95!!! The lowest I can set it to is 20m so it means my watch is always over egging my distance and it's really frustrating when everything else works so well.

Presumably this is very easy to adjust from Samsung's perspective? Are there any plans to allow this change? Please! I may have to go on the hunt for another swim watch! 😭

42 REPLIES 42
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi, Try Below

Go into the app on the watch
rather than using the exercise screen.

You can then go to workout

select swimming 
and you have the "settings" options where you can change the pool length
0 Likes
Tuesday18
Apprentice
Options

Thank you,  I had tried this before. The issue is that it won't let me set this at anything lower than 20m. The pool I regularly use is 16m.

ymachado
Student
Options

I have the same problema.

ymachado
Student
Options

I have the same problem.

RicardoPfeifer
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Samsung, please fix this!

Marcurelio
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Gym's pool is 16 meters long. I can't even understand why Samsung would put 20 m as the minimum, it makes no sense.

AT_2022361
Student
Options

Our gym pool is 15m and I've been so impressed by the tracking but gutted when I realised I couldn't adjust the pool length. Why on earth would the min be 20m??

GrahamYSA
Student
Options

Me too, I use our backyard pool that is only 10m. C'mon Samsung, please fix this.

SamarFae
First Poster
Options

Absolutely agree! I am using a neighborhood pool and it is 10m long at the longest straight part (but there are usually little kids down that end), and weirdly shaped so my 24m loop around the deep end counts as anywhere between 1 and 5 laps. I can most easily get it to think it's 4 laps so if i had a 6m length option it would average out correctly. 

Honestly the minimum should be 2m not 20. They don't have a water aerobics option that I can see and when the pool is crowded or it's too cold out I do swim drills and exercises in the hot tub, which i have no real way to track. I want it to accurately know I am treading water or doing stationary drills and thus getting nowhere fast. 

Please, Samsung, set the minimum to an actual backyard pool relevant number. We don't all have lap pools!