Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking battery life - Watch 4 Classic

(Topic created on: 10-05-2022 08:26 PM)
thedriver
Student
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE (SM-R895F) can't even get through one night without going flat.

I fully charged it the last two nights before going to sleep. I turned on DoNotDisturb, PowerSaving and Sleep modes (WiFi, GPS and NFC all turned on), but by the morning the watch was almost completely flat with just 5% battery. 

The night before, same thing.

I have no apps running on the watch. I don't even think I have any additional apps installed. 

And the day before was apart very similar. The only difference was I spent the day walking 35km and had it taking my walk, nothing else. It was fully charged at 6am, and was fully flat by 5pm. 

This is not fit for purpose!

PS I had taken screenshots on my watch, but they're not transferring to my S21 Ultra 5G, so I can't share them. Another ridiculous problem! 

4 REPLIES 4
Terryj
Explorer
Options
My friend has the lte version and I have the normal one. My battery was fine his was dead by 5pm. Turned off the lte and it was fine. I know the whole point of the lte version is that it has lte but try it tomorrow.
evgenilalov
Journeyman
Options

@Terryj. I am really interested in hearing a bit more about you and your friend. I have some doubts that an LTE version, even with a turned LTE off, continue consuming more battery due to some background processes. So, my question to you is if you and your friend have the same size and if you have tested and compared your battery life.

0 Likes
Terryj
Explorer
Options
Both are a watch 4 classic 46mm bought on the same day. He's was dying after around 6 hours with the aod off.

Mine (non lte) has the aod on lasted a full day with battery left to spare.

After he turned off the lte the battery life was around the same as mine.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi all there's an update out for the galaxy watch 4 classic I have the Lte model, just finished updating here inthe UK.
0 Likes