Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sharp Aquos C10 and Active2 smart watch

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 01:37 PM)
tiberious1001
Apprentice
Options

Phone is a Sharp Aquos C10 (pretty much the same as an S2) android 8.0. Just recieved my Galaxy Active2 smart watch and cannot get the 2 to pair. I have tried all variations of reset, reinstall, update, clear chache and even factory reset my phone and it just sticks on 'finishing paring'. From what I can see the bluetooth connects for a second but then disconnects. I've tried the watch on an old chinese knock off phone (elephone p8 mini) and my wifes iPhone 9 or 10 or something. Works perfectly. Anyone else with a Sharp phone or experince with smart watches immediadtely disconnecting from bluetooth?

Just to clarify some of the steps I've taken...

From fresh just followed instructions.

Then searched forums for answers and tried clearing cache in the samsung apps and bluetooth and tried again.

Then cleared data in samsung apps and bluetooth and tried again.

Then started watch without connection to phone, connected to wifi and updated to latest version. Went through to 'connect to phone' and tried again.

Then after the watch update, re-installed samsung apps, pressed 'forget device' in bluetooth and tried again.

Then tried manually pairing using bluetooth menu instead of through galaxy wearble app and tried again.

Then connected to Apple phone and went through the 'connect to new phone' option and tried again on Sharp phone.

Then 'reset' watch, and tried again.

Then reset watch and actually factory reset my phone, so the only apps on it were samsung and tried again.

Installed old version of 'watch active2 plugin' and tried again.

Every single time it stayed on 'finishing pairing', i left it for at least 15 minutes every time. There are other things I've tried too like holding power until reboot on the watch and connecting to older android phone.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@tiberious1001: Are you using the Galaxy Wearable app (or Gear Watch Plugin app) to establish the connection between your watch and phone? If not, please check the Google Play Store, download the app, open it and click on Start The Journey to proceed with the connection process.
0 Likes
tiberious1001
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for replying. Yes I'm using the Samsung apps. The 'Galaxy Wearable', 'samsung accessories services' and 'watch active2 plugin'. The latter I've even tried an older version having read all the issues from the latest version on the Google play store. After 13 hours of trying I haven't managed to connect it to the Sharp Aquos c10 once but with 2 other phones, one android 6 and the other an apple, it works straight away. Have you heard of any phones that are just not compatible? 

0 Likes
Solution
tiberious1001
Apprentice
Options

Update! It works! To any future people with a Sharp phone who buys a Samsung watch and possibly other smart devices, or to the Samsung admins who get future calls. The Sharp Smile UI has something called an 'S Boost' under settings. In there press on 'Background apps management'. I'm guessing it has something to do with battery usage of applications not showing on the screen. In there you can select all the Samsung apps and enable what ever permission it needs. Works straight away after that.

AntS
Options

@tiberious1001 , Brilliant! Glad you got it working - and thanks for letting us know! :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes