Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe battery drop - Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, Bluetooth, 44mm,

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 11:04 AM)
Aphid
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone else experienced battery issues following a recent watch update?

My Galaxy Watch4 44mm battery life has just plummeted from consistently over 4 days, to 2 days and 20 minutes. Having complained about my old Gear S3 nearly lasting less than a day Samsung support claimed nothing could be done about this since it’s dated capacity was struggling with modern updates. Having upgraded my Watch4 on release day (end August), and being delighted with the 4+ day capacity, I’m more than a little troubled by the steep fall to just under 2 1/2 days following either an update last night or one not very long ago. I know that because I regularly check. Can anyone explain what has happened?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/
0 Likes
Aphid
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I'll certainly take a look..

Update:

After looking at the suggestions on the link to reduce battery use, there was nothing that was applicable to my situation. From setting up my Watch4 on 27th August, I have not changed anything on the watch nor changed the way I use it. The only thing that has changed are the updates, which I add when notified. And now the estimated battery life shown on my wearables app shows a loss of over a day and a half. That can be right or acceptable.

0 Likes
Aphid
Apprentice
Options
This morning, my Watch4 battery life projection is back up to 4 days 20 hours...about what it was originally. So plummeted to 2 days 20 hours when I first posted about a week ago, now back up again. No changes if use, apps or content. All very odd!
0 Likes