Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Set do not disturb on Galaxy phone from Gear S3

(Topic created on: 01-06-2018 03:42 PM)
AdmirH
Apprentice
Options

Is there a way to turn off / on Do not disturb option on Galaxy S7 phone from Gear S3.

It will be nice if we can easly mute our phones by clicing on Gear s3 wearable.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AdmirH
Apprentice
Options

Looks like this has been solved in current verson of android / watch

I changed my phone from Galaxy S7 to Note 10+ and  updated watch and  phone to lastes version (avabile to me in novembar 2019), and it start working.

Now when I set DND on my watch , it is also seted on my Note 10+.

Thank you Samsung

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options
Hi AdmirH

You can enable Do Not Disturb Mode on the Gear S3 by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom > Select the Do Not Disturb icon (white circle with a horizontal line through it) > Select the 'tick' on the right side of the screen. This will enable Do Not Disturb on the watch itself however you will be required to manually activate the option on your phone.
0 Likes
AdmirH
Apprentice
Options

AndrewL I know that.

But this function only puts Gear on DND mod.

It does not send DND command to my phone.

I am trying to put my phone on DND from Gear.

I am using Gear S3 connected over bluetooth to Galaxy S7 .

When I put my Gear on DND my phne still ringing.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Unfortunately it is not possible to enable Do Not Disturb Mode on your phone via the Gear S3. I understand that it is not ideal however you are required to activate the mode on both devices manually.
0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Might be worth adding to the suggestions and ideas thread :smileyhappy:

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Sounds like a plan! Please feel free @AdmirH@Ricky2. That's what it's there for.

0 Likes
Dan23
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've been looking for a solution to this as well. I used to link my Samsung Phone with a Sony Smart Watch which enabled DND on the phone from the watch using Android Wear. Made back in 2015, thought this would be more advanced!?!

0 Likes
RealEgo
Student
Options

I had this feature on moto 360. Was really surprised it isn't linked on Samsung gear s3. Surely it's just a checkbox on the settings for do not disturb: "Activates do not disturb on phone" y/n.

0 Likes
Dynamitten
Apprentice
Options
I need this function too. Would be nice going to a meeting and enable dnd just by the watch. I have a S9
0 Likes
SKB1
First Poster
Options

I would like to see an option that links the two devices' DND mode, so that when once is activated, either manually or per predefined schedule, the other is automatically activated as well.

I have Galaxy Watch and Galaxy S9.

0 Likes