Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious bug in wearable app. It removes Galaxy watch 4/5 pairing and force them to hard reset!

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 06:21 PM)
abc_34
Explorer
Options

Hello, using a Samsung galaxy phone Android 11, galaxy watch 4 and galaxy buds 2, everything is Samsung yet having a serious issue; Samsung's galaxy wearable app on Android randomly resets itself and remove all paired devices like galaxy watch 4/5 and galaxy buds etc.

A couple days ago my GW4 failed to connect to Samsung Galaxy phone again, i opened wearable app on phone and found that somehow the app had reset itself and removed all paired devices. It was asking to start a new device pairing as if it's installed for the first time. Apparently it had removed both watch and bud's pairings. This happened 4 times in 9 months and there is no way to recover/re-pair devices without resetting and starting a new pairing from scratch. Resetting a galaxy watch 4 / 5 means removing all apps and settings on the device and reinstalling/configuring everything all over again. Even health data may be lost. For instance i lost 2 days of health data because watch and phone lost pairing for 2 days. 

This is a serious issue.. Wearable app must be fixed and also there must be an option to re-pair galaxy watch 4/5 without resetting. Root cause seems to be a bug on galaxy wearable app itself that somehow resets itself and lose/remove pairing of devices. There are some complains about this problem but no fix provided yet. Looking forward to a fix for this. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If your having issues you should report it to Support.

I have had GW4 and now have GW5 Pro on a S22 Ultra now and have not had any issues at all
0 Likes
lukaszjejox
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here.After a year with 5 pro i was forced to delete of the data.Never again Samsung Watch.How stupid it is that after unpairing you are forced to factory reset?Big shame for samsung dev.

lukaszjejox
Journeyman
Options

Try to unpair watch with phone and than will will see;)

0 Likes
stuk
Journeyman
Options

The same for me on my oppo A74, with latest update every 2/3 days i lost the pairing and i need reset watch everytimes! Waste of money...

0 Likes