Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing big spikes in heart rate on Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 24-03-2022 08:46 PM)
gwinegarden
Apprentice
Options

I am not expecting the GW4 to be super accurate when it comes to heart rate but I notice that I get these huge spikes, especially at the beginning of a workout.  After that, it seems to settle down and is very accurate.  This seems to be happening constantly.  Is this a known issue?

19 REPLIES 19
acd170247
Explorer
Options

ITS HIGH TIME SAMSUNG SAY SOMETHING!!!!!

Igor3
Journeyman
Options

After the last update (last week) it got a lot better for me. I don´t have the spike anymore and the HR readings are closer to a Polar Strap (it could be faster to read the movements upwards and downward, but it got a lot better for me). 

New software: R920XXU1AVK7/R920OXM1AVK7 (size: 514.87 mb)

Have you noticed any difference after the update?

0 Likes
acd170247
Explorer
Options

NO DIFFERENCES SAME PROBLEM!

0 Likes
acd170247
Explorer
Options

SAMSUNG PLEASE SAY SOMETHING. SEEMS TO BE  VERY EXTENDED PROBLEM. IN MY WATCH 5 EXACTLY THE SAME. WHEN YOU SEE 120 YOU PANIC AND ADRENALINE STARTS TO FLOW, BUT IT WAS ONLY 60. AT LEAST  NOW I KNOW. SAMSUNG HEALTH UNHEALTHY.

0 Likes
acd170247
Explorer
Options

SEEMS SAMSUNG HAS NO SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM AND WE ARE DECEMBER 2022

0 Likes
acd170247
Explorer
Options

UNHEALTHY

0 Likes
acd170247
Explorer
Options

NO SOLUTIONS APPARENTLY

0 Likes
Akrupa
First Poster
Options

I don't know the reason, I found what helps. 

Tightening the strap a bit and puting watch exactly where Samsung instructs to put. 

I got as high as 213 bpm if I forget to do that while I'm mountain biking, and I'm 60...should have hart failure.

I also was concerned and worried, but now I got always below 170 even during very intense parts. 

0 Likes
crhis
Student
Options
Bro i had a spike over 202 and i took it again waa 85 samsung wtf i almost had panic atack
Members_vSq33DG
First Poster
Options

It's many months on since this issue was first raised.

Thanks to everyone who has posted about it.

Experienced the same problem, using SGW4. 5 minutes into doing a gentle 3mph walk, my heart rate on the watch suddenly went up from 100 to 169 in the space of about 15 seconds. Having already had two heart attacks, seeing this made me SO anxious but I'd done a 30 minute gym session 2 days earlier under hospital supervision and my heart rate never got above 125. Think I'm going to have to ditch the watch and never use another unless Samsung investigates what's causing this and provides users with a solution.

0 Likes