Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Wearable Issue "Installation failed !" on plugins

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 08:00 PM)
Members_8JLmUlY
Student
Options

Hello, I'm getting a lot of errors while going through the process to link my watch, and earbuds to my phones Galaxy Wearable app.

Firstly, it begun by me needing to update the Active2 plugin on my phone, and when I attempted to do so, I kept recieving the alert along the lines of: "Error: -1". Due to this, I restarted my watch, and it still resulted in the same problem.

Due to that failed attempt, I contacted samsung support, where I was told to reset my settings - this eventually made me keep getting the error "Instillation Failed" whilst trying to setup my devices again (The Galaxy buds & Active2 watch), however with my galaxy buds I was getting the error saying that my device is not up to date (even though I fully updated it to the latest version before).

I was then told to reset my devices to their factory settings, after doing this, my watch was left on the screen "Get started in the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone", so I opened up my phone, and started the setup process again. Even after following all these steps, and resetting everything, the wearable app still says "Installation failed".

I'm not really sure what to do now, as I'm unable to use the wearable app, nor my watch at all, due to it being stuck on the setup screen. (My earbuds still do work though, as it's connected to my phone via bluetooth).

EDIT:
Since contacting support again, I was told to hand over serial numbers.. etc. 
I was told I need to get it sent to a repair shop - even though the chance of it being an actual issue on the app is much greater. I don't want to risk facing charges from the repair shop, even when I don't even want to send it to one.

Both my earbuds and watch won't even connect to my other family member's phone - Using the same phone (S8+) as me. Surely it can't be a coincidence that both my earbuds and watch are broken?

This is what lead me to believe that the Wearable app developers should be contacted about this issue, so now I'm stuck, and I don't know if I should take it to a repair shop, and risk getting charges, or do nothing.

If anyone has any idea on how I can stop this issue from persisting, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jack.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
Members_8JLmUlY
Student
Options

Although it's not much of a solution - I installed the APK's manually, (older versions of the plugins for both the earbuds and watch), and it works perfect now.

I recommend to anyone facing the same issues to downgrade and manually install the older APK versions.

0 Likes