Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch - can't stop email notifications

(Topic created on: 28-01-2023 05:24 PM)
Ceholly65
Journeyman
Options
I have a Samsung active watch (and S21 phone) and over the last week or so I have been receiving some email notifications on my watch. I don't want these and have gone into the wearables app and switched off notifications for email but within 5 minutes I get a notification and when I go back into the app notifications is switched back on! How can I stop this happening?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's strange, @Ceholly65! As a workaround, have you tried disabling email notifications completely on you phone? Go to Settings > Notifications > App notifications > Email > Toggle 'Off'.

0 Likes
Ceholly65
Journeyman
Options
Yeah thats what I've ended up having to do. Would have likes email notifications on my phone but not if I also get them on my watch. It's weird though as the email app isn't even on the watch!!
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Are the notifications you're receiving on your Watch from the Samsung email app? Do you have any other email apps installed?

0 Likes
Ceholly65
Journeyman
Options
Assuming its samsung email app as the one that comes on phone. Also have outlook app for work but had both for years and no problem until recently
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Have you checked that notifications for both apps are turned off in the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone?

0 Likes
Ceholly65
Journeyman
Options
Ive turned email notifications off which works for an hour or so then it switches itself back on!!
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hmm, that is puzzling, @Ceholly65. You mentioned in your first post that you started getting these notifications over the last week. Can you recall whether you installed any apps or software updates last week?

I just want to get a better idea of what might be contributing to you suddenly getting email notifications on your Watch Active.

0 Likes
Ceholly65
Journeyman
Options
Not that I know of. Some apps update automatically in the background. I had a software update yesterday but problem was happening before that
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see. In that case, I'd definitely recommend ensuring that you have also updated the Galaxy Wearable app via the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store.

If you have already done this and are still getting the email notifications on your smartwatch, I'd recommend submitting an Error report:

1. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on your paired phone within 15 minutes of experiencing an issue. 
  2. Tap More (the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner). 
  3. Tap Contact us. 
  4. Tap Error reports. 
  5. The first time you tap the Error reports option, you'll be asked to confirm whether to send system log data Always or Only once (we'll need the system log data to thoroughly investigate). 

5.1. I would recommend selecting Always, as if you need to send further Error reports in the future, this will save some time. 

1. Choose an Error report category to submit. 
  2. Complete the required details (adding any images/screenshots using the paperclip icon), and send the report. 
  3. Allow some time for the team to get back to you with the results of their investigation.

I trust that this will help, @Ceholly65.