Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch battery draining RAPIDLY!

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 07:09 PM)
Laura136
Journeyman
Options
Ive had my Samsung watch for around 2 months and have used it the same way everyday. I charge it after work at teatime, pop it back on my wrist as I go to bed and the battery still has charge the following teatime. However, the last 2 days the battery has died before lunchtime and I can't work.out why. I have the display on the lowest setting , the screen isn't set to stay on either. This evening I reset the watch hoping this would help but it hasn't, the battery is still draining. I took it off charge at 6.30pm, it is on 58% already and I've barely touched it.

‎7:47 PM

57 REPLIES 57
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/
WimV
Journeyman
Options

I am experiencing the same since yesterday, without having changed any settings. I used to have ~60% charge left at the end of the day, but now it's down to 20% at 5pm.

Laura136
Journeyman
Options
I was speaking to an advisor last night over the Online chat, and he's walked me through various settings etc, then said i could send it back to be checked.
It makes no sense I haven't changed the way I use it at all. Has to be an issue with the device itself or an update. So annoyed. This morning before work I charged it to 100% and it died at 4.30pm.
WimV
Journeyman
Options

I agree; sending back doesn't make sense. I have experienced similar things before with earlier smartphones that suddenly have changed behavior. Typically this happens after an update (although I haven't figured out yet what), and disappear after another update.

WimV
Journeyman
Options

But it's always good to see that apparently I'm not the only one

MwnciMagic
First Poster
Options
I've had poor battery life since I got my watch 3 a few months ago. I've adjusted settings, app notifications etc to the point that it's not really a smart watch anymore and it's not made any difference to the battery drainage. It's annoying for an expensive devuce, but then I read the watch 4 has better life. I can't afford to buy a new one so quickly after buying the watch 3
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Couple of things to try that may help - happened with my original galaxy watch and now the Watch 4.
- Reboot both your handset and watch if you start getting random major watch battery drains. The Bluetooth connection can sometimes error and end up going into a major power drain. Reseting the devices or turning Bluetooth on and off on handset can resolve it but doing a reboot of them both is more healthy in clearing any random system ***** that may be lurking.

My watch 4 46mm is giving me just under 3 days from a full charge which i don't think is too shabby.
WimV
Journeyman
Options

I rebooted my watch yesterday night (watch 4, 46mm), and now the battery drain seems resolved

Laura136
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the advice ill give it a go.
When you say reboot phone, are we talking just turning it off and back on again?
Thanks