Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Watch battery draining RAPIDLY!

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 07:09 PM)
Laura136
Journeyman
Options
Wearables
Ive had my Samsung watch for around 2 months and have used it the same way everyday. I charge it after work at teatime, pop it back on my wrist as I go to bed and the battery still has charge the following teatime. However, the last 2 days the battery has died before lunchtime and I can't work.out why. I have the display on the lowest setting , the screen isn't set to stay on either. This evening I reset the watch hoping this would help but it hasn't, the battery is still draining. I took it off charge at 6.30pm, it is on 58% already and I've barely touched it.

‎7:47 PM

26 REPLIES 26
xSteveuk
Maestro
Options
Wearables
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/
WimV
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

I am experiencing the same since yesterday, without having changed any settings. I used to have ~60% charge left at the end of the day, but now it's down to 20% at 5pm.

Laura136
Journeyman
Options
Wearables
I was speaking to an advisor last night over the Online chat, and he's walked me through various settings etc, then said i could send it back to be checked.
It makes no sense I haven't changed the way I use it at all. Has to be an issue with the device itself or an update. So annoyed. This morning before work I charged it to 100% and it died at 4.30pm.
0 Likes
WimV
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

I agree; sending back doesn't make sense. I have experienced similar things before with earlier smartphones that suddenly have changed behavior. Typically this happens after an update (although I haven't figured out yet what), and disappear after another update.

0 Likes
WimV
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

But it's always good to see that apparently I'm not the only one

MwnciMagic
First Poster
Options
Wearables
I've had poor battery life since I got my watch 3 a few months ago. I've adjusted settings, app notifications etc to the point that it's not really a smart watch anymore and it's not made any difference to the battery drainage. It's annoying for an expensive devuce, but then I read the watch 4 has better life. I can't afford to buy a new one so quickly after buying the watch 3
0 Likes
Richmar83
Voyager
Options
Wearables
Couple of things to try that may help - happened with my original galaxy watch and now the Watch 4.
- Reboot both your handset and watch if you start getting random major watch battery drains. The Bluetooth connection can sometimes error and end up going into a major power drain. Reseting the devices or turning Bluetooth on and off on handset can resolve it but doing a reboot of them both is more healthy in clearing any random system ***** that may be lurking.

My watch 4 46mm is giving me just under 3 days from a full charge which i don't think is too shabby.
WimV
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

I rebooted my watch yesterday night (watch 4, 46mm), and now the battery drain seems resolved

0 Likes
Laura136
Journeyman
Options
Wearables
Thanks for the advice ill give it a go.
When you say reboot phone, are we talking just turning it off and back on again?
Thanks
0 Likes