Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 5 - Unable to switch between back and selfie camera on camera controller app

(Topic created on: 23-05-2023 05:55 PM)
quinolia
Student
Options

I recently got a Samsung watch 5, but I've not been able to switch between the back and selfie camera on the camera controller app. I can only switch the cameras on my phone. I've tried different gestures, swiped up and down, flicked the screen. 

I've watched several YouTube videos, but none of the videos show the above mentioned query.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Neo001
Legend
Options

Currently, you can only switch between photo and video mode and zoom in/out. Switching between back and front cameras is not possible.

quinolia
Student
Options
I'm quite surprised as I copied this statement from Samsung's website :
camera orientation: Flick up on your watch to switch between front and rear facing cameras.

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

May be it will be made available in one of the future updates. I had raised this with Support last year...

Screenshot_20230523_184407_Samsung Members.jpg

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A bit about the current functionality here,there are limitations which many Smartwatch users will be aware of. https://www.androidcentral.com/wearables/how-to-control-galaxy-phone-camera-with-galaxy-watch 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

SteveinKent
First Poster
Options
Camera one controller gives that option (plus more)
0 Likes