Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4g

(Topic created on: 18-08-2021 12:57 PM)
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy Watch4 4g, will I need a separate mobile plan for the Watch or will it use the existing plan for my phone once it's paired up through the Galaxy Wearable app ? thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah, you got to make sure your network supports the service and that you're eligible. For example, on EE, it's classed as a additional line so they need to check your payment history to see if you can be accepted for the add line.

Then you got to decide what is the best plan... whether its getting the device from the network or buying the watch 4G version outright and then maybe getting a esim plan that's rolling or long term.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Tiag0
Explorer
Options
I flexi upgraded mine, you can set up any network to any watch though just need to ring the provider if you want it connected to your phone for notifications ect
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yes it needs like an add on plan for it to work when your phone isn't present
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
I would recommend that you first check with your mobile network provider that you can add the watch to your plan before you purchase the watch - not all of the networks can do that
When I bought the watch 3 a few months ago I think only Vodafone, EE and O2 were able to do it at that time
Solution
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah, you got to make sure your network supports the service and that you're eligible. For example, on EE, it's classed as a additional line so they need to check your payment history to see if you can be accepted for the add line.

Then you got to decide what is the best plan... whether its getting the device from the network or buying the watch 4G version outright and then maybe getting a esim plan that's rolling or long term.
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
I'm with EE and it's £7 extra a month with an additional 10gb for the watch, your minutes and texts are tied to your phone plan. It's a rolling 30 day contract so can remove at anytime.
Iain321
Pathfinder
Options

Similar with Vodafone UK. £7 extra a month to share your current phone contract with a watch. No extra gb though. But you can cancel it anytime.