Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 LTE - Overheating issues

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 02:36 AM)
sempron79
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I'm the owner of a Samsung Watch 4 LTE edition. Besides Gpay issue that I raised on a different post, I'm also experiencing another problem, that it seems is a common issue and has been raised by users of Samsung Watch 4 LTE on different countries i.e. overheating problem when the watch is used as standalone, not connected to the phone.

I also exercised the overheating issue when I used the watch not connected to the phone (I have number sharing service activated on the watch), all was good when 4G signal is good, I was able to receive calls on the watch without having the phone with me, but always when I enter in areas with weak signal, I believe the watch is starting to search for a better signal and it gets very warm, so it enters in airplane mode, and after a few seconds it shutdowns.

This issue is quite annoying and has been raised by many users on different countries, and so far, Samsung didn't sent any software update to fix this problem.

Honestly, not being able to make payments using Gpay on the watch (see another post on this matter), together with the overheating issue when using the watch in standalone mode, without the phone, these make the Watch 4 LTE edition watch to look more like a smartfit bracelet, not as a smartwatch as has been currently labeled.

55 REPLIES 55
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
If your watch is overheating
And getting hot
If still have warranty
Try contacting support
And explain the issue
With Watch overheating
Getting hot
They may help

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
sempron79
Explorer
Options

Thanks, I'll see. I was expecting Samsung to deliver a fix for this issue, since I believe this is just a software issue, it's happening only on areas with poor signal, so probably the watch is searching for a better signal, hence the overheating. It's quite a shame for Samsung, as they didn't test the watch on areas with poor signal and see how the watch behaves there. Many people are experiencing this overheating issue, which leads me to the conclusion is not an isolated problem, but a generic one, with Watch 4 LTE edition.

xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

The watch4 shouldn't be overheating and this shouldn't be happening!  The area that I live in and use this watch has excellent coverage and a strong signal everywhere I go.
I have had 4 watches replaced new and straight out of the box they overheat.  I decided to keep the 4th watch thinking that they would address and fix this obvious issue (they haven't).  I would hate to see what kind of lawsuit transpires after someone out walking thinking that this is a go to reliable product trips, falls, and cannot complete an emergency call!  I'd sue if it happened to me!

Pyarwood
Apprentice
Options

I also have major problems with lte the watch locks up overheating but isnt actually hot and the battery lasts about 2 hours on lte.

TiagoPF
Apprentice
Options

This is a general problem with the watch. It seems like everyone that leaves their phones behind and go for a workout have this problem. Which is a complete absurd, what other reason would I have to get the LTE version instead of the BT? The truth is, the watch's hardware can't deal with exercise tracking + Bluetooth + LTE, the exact use case people would buy it for.

Seriously, Samsung should be called out for this. How on earth can they get away selling an LTE phone that doesn't work when connected to LTE?

P J Harris
First Poster
Options

Mine is also overheating and shuts itself down as soon as it is away from the phone 😫

xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

The major software company that I have worked at for over twenty years would NEVER ship a product with this issue!

xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

I have spoken to Samsung so many times about this issue!  They have been aware of the issue for over half a year now maybe longer and have not fixed the issue.

Time for a class action lawsuit!!!

nick732
First Poster
Options

I just received my watch from tech support in Texas for overheating issue. They replaced the light. But just got it back during reset to my phone went out on over heat again. They need to resolve this issue. I would not recommend this watch to anyone as it is right now.