Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 LTE Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 10:14 AM)
Eddie1974
Apprentice
Options

So my galaxy watch 4 is not holding a charge to survive an entire day at work, let alone track activities as well. I am putting my watch on at 6am showing 100% battery by the time I get home 8-9 hours later watch is at 4% and on some occasions I have had to change to watch mode only to try and get through the day. Coming from a Garmin I am very disappointed at the moment, really need to look at getting this sorted. All the features they have put into it are good, but what's the point if the battery cannot even last 12hrs. I unfortunately tied myself into a vodafone contract to get this watch, and due to 14 day cancelation period being long gone, I am stuck with it. I can get a day out of it, if i literally dumb it down to nothing more than a watch. Galaxy Watch4 

14 REPLIES 14
taff7996
Apprentice
Options

Upgraded from Samsung active 2 to Samsung watch 4 on Saturday, had it for 4 days now, its paired to a Samsung S21 ultra, watch battery is abysmal, was advised by vendor to turn AOD & GPS off, have standard clock screen (not SPo2) and HR on manual, my phone is always on me! I'm finding it unable to get more than 24 hrs before it requires charging.

Active watch 2 battery lasted at least 48 hrs with all functions enabled 
I smart fitness watch that requires all the major functions to be disabled, so that the battery can last a day is not fit for purpose .

My son has the fitbit sense and that battery last 5 days, even with all of its functions on, yes its not quite as intuitive of as fast responding as the Watch 4, but come on, at least you don't have battry drain anxiety

I'm going to return the Samsung watch 4 as its not fit for purpose and either return to my Active watch 2 or buy a Fitbit Sense

0 Likes
Oceanica
Explorer
Options

In my experience the only way to get your Watch 4 battery to last at least one day is to turn off the LTE connection. I have turned it off and stopped paying for the add-on for it from my carrier (Vodafone). I had only used the LTE a couple of times anyway, and the quality of the call connection was very poor - not worth it. This is my 4th Watch 4, all have had melt downs which were to do with the watch struggling to remain connected to the cell phone network (and I live in an urban area with fairly good mobile connectivity...!). This last one also developed a serious defect relating to water ingress (from just regular use of the watch), which Vodafone refused to repair, but Samsung repaired for free. Since I gave up on the LTE functionality the watch battery has come much closer to that of my old Galaxy Watch Active 2, i.e. at most a day and a half, but at least 24h. The Watch 4 has been a huge disappointment, I wish I had just stuck with my trusty Active 2 and not wasted my money on a device that simply wasn't ready to go to market. 

0 Likes
allybob
First Poster
Options
I'm having same issue that my LTE watch 4 is dead by 1pm .really disappointed. Was a birthday gift will now have to get a battery pack just to keep it alive more than 6hrs .Samsung get your act together or you will lose customers
0 Likes
Eddie1974
Apprentice
Options
I have binned mine I feel that having g to turn. Off systems to allow the watch to last means the watch has need miss sold really as it can't do all that it is meant to do . I have gone back to my Garmin. I feel samsung make great phones I feel they should stop there. I am still paying for my watch on contract. I wish I had never bother with this watch a total let down and a shame too .
0 Likes
First Poster
Options

Same problem with recently purchased galaxy watch 4 lte under warranty they had replaced mother board and battery still problem is not resolved 

0 Likes