Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch 4 gets bricked after every update

(Topic created on: 24-02-2023 04:54 PM)
sylw90
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have an issue with my Samsung watch4. I've purchased it 6 months ago and every time I update it it gets  bricked! It happened twice already. The first time it was just force updated by the engineers, second time they have change the front and rear and updated as well. Recently I got the notification about another update, but I don't really want to do it, because of past experience. My question is - could it be a case of the watch being manufactured faulty? Is it possible for me to ask for a refund in that case, please?

Thanks for any advice 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
sylw90
Apprentice
Options
Anyone from Samsung team could help, please?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sylw90: I'm sorry to hear that you encountered this issue with your Galaxy Watch 4 following an update. We were aware that some customers experienced power issues following an update last year (VI3), however please be assured that this issue has been resolved in the latest update (VK4). If you have recently been prompted to update your device then we recommend going ahead to keep your device up to date, and resolve any existing performance issues. 

0 Likes
sylw90
Apprentice
Options
I have been, the update is dated 1st of January.
But this already has happened twice, I don't want to get my watch broken again. What is the procedure in case of another update failure? If my watch gets unusable again, can I ask to get it replaced or get my money back?
0 Likes
Schalk
First Poster
Options

Could anybody of Samsung please help as well with this issue. My watch was bricked with this firmware update. And Samsung South Africa states they don't know about this issue and Samsung global has not informed them. They are refusing to repair my watch FOC and they state that I have to pay for it and now my watch is out of warranty above all

0 Likes