Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 11:04 PM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Silverdragon
Student
Options

20230602_222517.jpg

I have the same problem with my watch 4 classic. Never had this problem with my gear watch. I am regretting upgrading.

ijallow
Explorer
Options
The funny thing is that samsung is offering people money back and have to sign a disclaimer not to bring the issue up again. They refuse to acknowledge that this is a larger problem..
Dimey26
Explorer
Options

My experience is, they just deny it.

ijallow
Explorer
Options
And they do. There is zero accountability for what is happening and the fact that these watches are burning people. They will very quickly ask you to sign a disclaimer and refund you to shut you up. Before that though they will try and find another reason as to why the burn has occurred, medication you take, allergy reaction.... all to distance themselves from what they know is causing these burns which is their watches

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Silverdragon 

If you are based in the UK or Ireland, and if you have not yet been in touch with our Support channels, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and we will be on hand to assist you further.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
Options

Samsung Watch burns.....If you are thinking of buying a Samsung Watch please do not buy one!!

Galaxy Watch4 #Samsungwatchburn …..clearly they know they have issues with the watch burning people by just following instructions and features advertised

The watch is not of merchant quality not suited as sold and will damage your health – I have had mine repaired and replaced even, but both wrist burnt every time, I clean it everything – I have owned many smart watches Apple even Huawei not the slightest issue (worn day and night and not even washed like Samsung demand) and I brought this one specifically for the blood pressure feature.

However, what is so much worse than all of this is Samsung have continually blamed me for wrong use and being allergic and not washing. Then suggesting I visit the doctor……Some one soon needs to take them to court for lack of care and investigation of so many concerns besides a product that is a health risk, its common practice that if something is harming you even not suited to you by no fault of your own it should be replaced…..Mine is coming back today as no fault found again and will be going in the BIN as hardly used - In my house alone this will cost Samsung Group way more than the price of the watch with over 8 Samsung products that will not be replaced with Samsung. ……Samsung is doing a Ratner!

Dimey26
Explorer
Options

Snap. Same issue and have had many previous Samsung products before but recently advised a family member to avoid buying Samsung when she was looking for a new fridge as I don’t trust the products any more. 

CarlH
Options

Hey @Dimey26. Sorry to hear about this. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, and if you have not yet been in touch with our Support channels, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and we will be on hand to assist you further.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
Bam007
Explorer
Options

@CarlH ,

I am sure that you see all the detailed complaints about Samsung Galaxy watch 4 issues. I am also convinced that you and your support team can’t do anything about it. Why are you wasting your and people’s time by asking them to contact support?

What happened to ethics and moral?

have you escalated this to the product management and senior leadership? If no, what is holding you back? If yes, what is their feedback?

This is impacting people’s health! 

0 Likes
Jeffm5196
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same burn marks from my GW4 classic. Is there a sensor I need to turn off or can this be recalibrate in some way?

0 Likes