Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 11:04 PM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
ijallow
Explorer
Options
Let's not exhaust let's do something about It..it is apparent that they want to Bury their head under the sand. I'll message you
0 Likes
Jdono2
Apprentice
Options

Plus it's pretty bad for a product that is sold worldwide that they only want to try and help people in UK or Ireland. I've tried reaching out for support in Samsung Australia but all they want to say is that it can happen sometimes when you wear it for too long or if it gets wet from sweat?!

ijallow
Explorer
Options
They know as well as anyone that it isn't sweat or wear and tear. There is something wrong with the product itself.. I am not going to sit there and hope for the best and maybe perhaps get skin cancer because of their cheap products manufactured in China. Please see your direct message for more information thank you
0 Likes
tasha1992
First Poster
Options
I'd like to like into this also I have also developed a burn mark for the bottom of the watch
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tasha1992: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue while wearing the Galaxy Watch4. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
Bam007
Explorer
Options

Cannot agree more @ijallow . I raised this concern multiple times. at one point my account was suspended for 3 weeks!!!. Samsung SHOULD takes this health issue with Samsung watches seriously.

ColinDJ
Explorer
Options

Hi Andrew. 

Can you please explain what actions Samsung have taken over the last 18 months, since this issue was raised to reasonably warn and protect their customers from the risk of 3rd degree burns?

Thanks, 

Colin. 

Bam007
Explorer
Options

For over a year, customers are complaining and Samsung has done nothing. A couple of years ago I was advocating for Samsung products and was proud to use Samsung products. After poorly handling this situation and not taking consumer health seriously, I decided to stop using Samsung products as painful as it was and as costly as it was for me.

I asked the same question and saw a couple of folks ask the same question. I would not keep my hopes high @ColinDJ  on this one.

This is very sad and totally unacceptable. 

0 Likes
Katj_r
First Poster
Options

Hi Chelsea, I have the same issue. Started the day I got my Classic 4. Some days it's worse than others. I always make sure the watch back and my skin is clean and dry before wearing, but I always experience some form of burning/irritation. I have tried wearing it on the inside of my wrist as well as on the top. Same issue both sides. It is neither too tight or loose on my wrist, but is is a concern that such an expensive wearable is causing this issue for many users. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Katj_r

Sorry to hear about this. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes