Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 10:04 AM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Anibal Mendez
Apprentice
Options

Hi there. Have you get any reply from Samsung? I just bought mine last week and just started feeling and seeing some burn marks from the main sensor on my  wrist too.

20211001_145253.jpg

20211001_145323.jpg

Anibal Mendez
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chelsea.

I would appreciate support as well as i just got the same watch last week and started to have the same issue.

20211001_145253.jpg

B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

They did contact me and wanted me to send the watch back. I decided to just keep it. When I turn off (All) continuous monitoring I don't have an issue so far. I did not feel like waiting for weeks as others have just to get told there is nothing wrong with the watch. Hopefully, this can be fixed with a software update in the future or an official recall.

0 Likes
Anibal Mendez
Apprentice
Options

Got it. I will try take mine back to the store I got it from. I don't know if this is an on-going issue with all of them or we just happen to get defective units. Thanks for your help.

AsadM
Options

Hi @Anibal Mendez, I'm sorry to hear about your watch. If you're still looking to discuss this with our Samsung Technical Support Team, please get in touch using any of the contact methods on this page: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes
ColinDJ
Explorer
Options

I have just started to experience this as well. I have had my Classic 4 for several weeks, don't wear it at night, have worn various watches daily for 30 years with no such issue previously. I have no history of sensitive skin. I have olive complexion.

Today I developed a red mark precisely where the optical sensor is. The skin is red with a lump under. It's a few mm across. This appeared quite suddenly after 4 hours of wearing. No exercise today so it's unrelated to sweat build up. 

AntS
Options

Hi @ColinDJ, Which country are you located in? And have you contacted Samsung Support about your experience?

0 Likes
Sephi
Apprentice
Options

I've experienced the same thing with a watch 3 on the second day of wearing it. It was at night while watching TV. The device started to feel a bit warm but nothing to be worried about and it cooled down quickly enough. Around bedtime I took it off for a quick recharge and there it was. A round burn mark on my wrist where the sensor sits! And yes it was a burn mark confirmed by my doctor. It took over a year for the scar to fade. Of course I returned the watch after that. 

I was hoping this issue would have been fixed by now because after research it seems to be happening since model 1 and continues on to model 4. So Samsung is not taking it seriously at all😑.

I wanted to keep the watch and could have looked passed the fact that sleep tracking was bad (not accurate and recordings are broken up in parts and therefore useless) , I had to cheer on top of the stairs to let it count, and sometimes inaccurate heart rate tracking and all other bugs. But a burn mark is just to scary and unacceptable! What If it happened while sleeping? And the bad thing is, you hardly feel it until it's to late. 

I really want to try a watch 4 but I lost my trust in them after this experience and still reading about the same issue on this newest model. Will keep an eye out of course for new Samsung watches in the hope it will be fixed some day. Untill then I'm stuck with other brands that are not perfect either but at least don't leave burn marks😣

ColinDJ
Explorer
Options

Hi @AntS. I'm in Australia. The previous post was my first feedback on the issue. I will contact Samsung support.

Meanwhile I'm not wearing the device while I heal, and I have turned off automatic heart monitoring every 10 minutes. Would you know if there are any other automatic functions that will use the green led that I need to disable? 

health-guy
First Poster
Options

Hello...I also recently purchased the active watch 4 and had to stop wearing it because of the same burning issues. Very scary and troubling. This is disappointing, seeing that I bought the watch outright and now can't even use the device. Not Happy at all.

0 Likes