Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 11:25 AM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
MadyBZH
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I got exactly the same "burn" problem especially on the center where the laser is.

I found your post looking for other complaints about that as I was worrying.

I put some cream and it takes about one week to heal, it's really a burn as it makes little blisters.

I’ve worn the watch on both my wrists and same thing happened.

I’m very concerned about this problem and don’t know what to do...

No problem with my previous Galaxy Watch 1 with continuous monitoring set on.

For now it is back in its box because I’m over 15 days for return and really wanted to use it.

Any advice ?

B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

Samsung reached out to me and asked me to send the watch back so their team can inspect it. It will take around 14 days they said. I was sent a box with a return label. My wrist is healed now, but I have a scar from the laser. It took a little over a week for it to completely heal. I think at this point your only option would be to reach out to Samsung and send the watch back for inspection, or seek legal advice. Super bummed about this.

B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, there is definitely a problem with a reaction from the laser. I had the Samsung watch 3 and didn't have any issues, but I also did not have the continuous monitor on like I did for the Watch 4. I didn't experience any heat issues from the watch. I just had a perfect circle that matched the inner laser after it healed.

B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I came from the Watch 3 with no issues, but I did not have the continuous monitor on for that watch either. I think this may be where my problem is because the laser is always-on monitoring with the watch 4 because I wanted to monitor sleep, activity, heart monitor etc...

MadyBZH
Apprentice
Options

Same for me, I've activated the O2 sleep monitoring and tried functions like blood pressure and ECG but that's a non-sense to get burned from a sensor.

I've worn the watch 24/24 - 7/7 except for charging time, never felt any overheating.
Mine is a Bluetooth only, with Wifi, GPS and NFC activated, same as my old Galaxy Watch 1.

With battery being shorter than my old watch, I've set heart rate monitoring to 10min only and stress monitoring to manual.

I use it mainly to pay with Samsung Pay and get notifications.
Not specifically for activities monitoring...

I would be really disappointed to send it back as I put an aluminum bezel protector and a screen protector too.

I've always use the Samsung charger that I get with the watch and do a totally "normal" use of this...

Very strange !

DannyT
Options

Hey there, @MadyBZH

Sorry to hear this has happened. We'd like to look into this with you. Could you send through a PM to our mod channel Sam_UK? Follow the steps here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

We'll then grab some details and pass this on to the relevant team. 

Welcome to the Community!

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I had continuous monitoring enabled on my Watch 3 without issue.

I have since turned it off on my Watch 4 and my mark is going away. Strange because both the Watch 3 and Watch 4 have the same sensors? On the Watch 4 they are flat though.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
MadyBZH
Apprentice
Options

That's exactly what warned me, because the back of the watch is totally flat and the burn is a perfect cycle juste underneath the captor.

If it was some kind of allergy, all the back surface in contact with skin would be concerned, not only the very center. 

AntonioSoares
Voyager
Options

The allergy can be to a specific type of radiation emitted by the sensor, not the back material. 

A simple change in the UV frequency or emitted power can be enough. 

MadyBZH
Apprentice
Options

That would be great if only a firmware update could fix it !

I really hope so 🙂

0 Likes