Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 3 LTE 4g

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 10:06 AM)
col81
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the Galaxy watch 42mm now and am looking at the new 3 LTE 4g watch. How does this work without a mobile phone present does it requirew a sim card or another mobile phone contract? i dont understand how it works without the phone i am on vodafone if it helps. Thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Nj75
Apprentice
Options
I'm with Vodafone too. I've recently pre-ordered the watch 3, and from what the sales rep said to me, you'll need to sign up to Vodafone one number. they'll link your watch and phone to the same number, and the watch will share/use data/allowances on your phone contract. it'll cost £7 per month.
ORP123
Apprentice
Options

Hello, do you need to have a Samsung phone to do this? 

DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@ORP123  I'm in France so i dont know about Vodafone but i guess it works same as with my carrier. I'm on GW3 45mm LTE. When I turned on the watch for the first time, it asked me if i wanted to set a mobile esim. I clicked yes, it proposed me to get esim from my carrier, clicked yes again, and then it launched automatically the website/subscription on my note10+. I subscribed on the n10+ (just 1 click or something, easy) and i got the GW3 connected automatically to LTE instantly...

This is how esim works on a samsung phone. But i dont know if it does the same launch on another brand phone.

I guess you have to install galaxy wearable app before you turn on the GW3... 

With a samsung phone it is crazy how easy and smooth it worked.

You dont need any SIM card, it is an esim...

The phone number will be same on your phone and watch, which means that any call will appear on both or whichever device is ON at the moment.

So if you go out with just your watch and let phone at home, you will be able to answear from the watch... People dont have to guess what device you're using since it is the same number, and you dont need to think about it either.