Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Trade In Offer - Error on the Argos link - "This claim form is only for watch. For mobile, please use..."

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 07:44 AM)
Tacozilla
Apprentice
Options

https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/

I am trying to raise a trade-in via the Argos link. I have my galaxy watch 5, when I enter my Serial number I get this error - "This claim form is only for watch. For mobile, please use the correct claim form."

Has anyone else tried this and if you managed to get it work can you let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks 

27 REPLIES 27
cbrowng
Explorer
Options
I have had exactly the same problem, your not alone, don't know what to do about it though.
Rickolas2001
Pioneer
Options

Wait until the 26th. Thats when the official launch date is.

I can't place my claim for the buds yet even though i have my W5P.

0 Likes
cbrowng
Explorer
Options
It's now the 26th and the same problem is still present. Where do we go from here.
0 Likes
n8nate
Apprentice
Options

You are not alone. I've just got mine from Argos today with the same issue. 

0 Likes
cbrowng
Explorer
Options
I've contacted Argos today, they are no help as they state the link is nothing to do with them.
0 Likes
Members_4Ey8kfg
Apprentice
Options

I also have the same problem. I've submitted a support ticket in the trade in website. Contacting samsung through their website was of no use. I'm not sure if Argos accepts returns when it's opened. Since technically the promotion they claim is not actually doable.

Let me know if you find a solution

0 Likes
n8nate
Apprentice
Options

I think you could probably get a return by talking to the manager. 

It's very clear by the Samsung trade in page that Argos have entered into a partnership with Samsung. If you are unable to claim then I would categorise this as false advertising. More so if you are like me and brought the watch from Argos specifically because of this offer. 

I personally am going to leave it a few more days and keep trying but will be putting a compliant in with Trading Standards and the ASA if I am unable to claim. 

0 Likes
Tacozilla
Apprentice
Options

it looks like it's a Samsung issue, as I tried the Amazon claim page to see if that works and it has the same error 

0 Likes
Bonzo555
Student
Options

Same error for me - bought a Watch 5 from Argos but get this same error when entering my watch serial number into the trade in page.

0 Likes