Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Support Staff in the UK

(Topic created on: 19-09-2018 10:57 AM)
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hoping someone more informed than myself (mods?) can answer a very simple question.

Why do Samsung staff claim that each time someone calls in raising the issues with Galaxy Watch that 'you are the first person who has reported this issue' followed by 'Samsung are unaware of any issues'?

This is the cause of most of my frustrations, not the fact the fitness functions would struggle on my daughters £15 fitness tracker, just the misleading standard response to each customer.

The Watch itself is a lovely thing and functions as a smartwatch very well in my opinion, HR, steps, sleep & Calories burned are not worthy of mentioning, they simply dont record correctly on my device or many many others from what I can see.

Shouldnt Samsung at least get all staff in line and tell customers, yes we have a software issue and are working on it or, yes we have identified hardware problems on certain devices, please arrange for a repair.

Simply denying anything is wrong and offering a refund or worse a replacement that has no scheduled date is damaging both this device and the Samsung brand in my opinion?

Imagine saying to someone, I am sending someone round to collect £300 off you, I'll pop it back to you sometime in the future, no idea when but I will, is that ok? Doesnt sound great does it but thats exactly what they are doing right now.

If anyone from Samsung mods are kind nough to read this, please just clarify if there is or isnt a problem and what us as customers can do to resolve it? Return, replace or look at other brands, Im ok with any but tell me before my 28 day return expires. Please

15 REPLIES 15
AntS
Options

Hi @GaryBrett:smiling-face:

Samsung very much aim to treat each person and case as an individual when you get in touch with us.

The more info we can gather on a specific issue being experienced the better, as it helps us in doing exactly the things you highlighted here:

• Correctly identifying issues and any trends within their proper context;
  • Any staff communication on a specific issue reported being correct and co-ordinated;
  • And of course, advice and solutions for you guys.

This is why we advise using the Members app to send diagnostic information/log files for our software team to analyse; or refer folks to Support Centres for physical inspections of a device, for example. 

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Thanks AntS  your answer is very much appreciated, if I could respond to a couple of the ponts?

'Samsung very much aim to treat each person and case as an individual when you get in touch with us.'

As it should be I totally agree, my annoyance is the misleading claims of not being aware of any issues when you clearly are? All we as customers want is clarification, we know there is an issue but Samsung wont confirm this so we are left in limbo spreading negativity across the internet, pubs, workplaces wherever, whenever asked about Samsung Galaxy Watch. It really isnt a great way to deal with customers, just my opinion.

'And of course, advice and solutions for you guys.'

Hand on heart Ants, the only advice I have been given by web support is to pack it up and get ready for courier collection for a full refund, or we will send you a new one at some point in the future. No help to resolve the issue, suggestion as to what may be the issue or even acknowledgment there is an issue. Ive just forked out £300, I dont want to be without a watch for the forseeable future?

'refer folks to Support Centres for physical inspections of a device'

This part I really dont understand, it may just be me but if Samsung dont know there is a hardware issue with 100s / 1000s of UK watches what purpose does this serve? Honestly, if they confirm its hardware that can be repaired, Id be there kncoking on the door, as it stands though nobody wants to admit any problems? 

'Members App'

I wasnt aware of this, the web support staff certainly didnt let me know. I'll try that too, I have offered on multiple occasions to send in my findings, charts, graphs workout examples, sleep examples but have been turned down every single time, the response - 'Shall we arrange for a refund'Mr Gary' :thinking-face:

Anyway, as I say I appreciate your input, on a different level to web & sales support (but in case you work on that team, then cancel that ,your all brilliant :face-with-tears-of-joy:)

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hi AntS , not sure if your on here today, if you are very quick query if I may?

Got a callback from Samsung supervisor last night after I'd linked in this forum to an email I had sent. She was still adamant I was the first person to call with HR, step & calories burnt issues on the Galaxy Watch :smiling-face:

Anyway Im not asking you to commit to anything but my question is in your experience are these issues hardware or software related? I ask because she mentioned she will exchange my watch for another immediatley (despite there being no uk stock). If its software then I will stick with what I have, no point in changing out to a watch with same software version.

However if its hardware, Im going to be all over the offer :smiling-face:

I appreciate you dont really see people on here whose device works perfectly, always the ones who are having issues but I'm yet to find anyone in the UK groups / forums with a fully working Galaxy Watch or who has had one repaired / replaced suggesting its software related?

Thanks

AntS
Options

No worries, @GaryBrett:smiling-face:

• Aware that it can look like it from the outside, but it's not a denial of an issue or deliberate obscuring of it. It's rather an acknowledgement of the reality that there are very often a few factors/variables that can possibly cause an end effect, and figuring out in the best way you can which of those applies in that case. When you're trying to investigate and solve a problem it's always best to attempt to find out what's really going on, if you can, rather than assuming.* For front-line tech support, treating each case as a fresh one is a good way of doing that.

(*I learnt that the hard way back in my first week on phone tech suppport. Last call of my very long , stressful second day was from someone whose device was telling them that their email address was invalid. They insisted they were typing it in correctly as "they knew how to spell their own name". We tried everything from deleting and attempting to set up the email again, through to a data backup and full reset; and nothing solved it. 90 minutes into the call, they suddenly remembered that their email address had a couple of numbers in it - and when they tried it with those, hey presto it worked! Didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or unleash a stream of swearwords at that point... )

• Following that point: the experiences of folks reporting an issue with HR Tracking for the Gear Sport suggest a software-related cause in their cases. But it may not be the same for activity tracking on the Galaxy Watch, so at this moment I wouldn't be able to steer you in the right direction. 😞

• Support always aim to give you the advice that's best for you in any given situation. Generally speaking, refunds or replacements as a solution aren't ideal, but it may be the better or correct options for someone at that time - particularly if they're still within the standard retailer return period, for example. As I indicated above, info submitted by you guys gets analysed, and advice, processes and/or solutions created or adjusted accordingly.

• Apologies for the confusion for the Support Centre bit! That was meant as a broader point as to why you might see us referring folks to Support Centres for Samsung devices in general.

• Happy to make you more aware of the Members app! We're trying to do more to promote the Members app to you guys as well as internally at the moment.
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Thank you AntS, again very much appreciate any feedback at all from Samsung.

Understand all your points, I too am in tech support and know it can be frustrating at times.

We will have to agree to disagree on the 1st point though, all the support/sales/supervisors I have had dealings with over the last 2 weeks know absolutely nothing about these issues. Whe I pointed a supervisor over to these forums last night she was embarrassed a little and I felt for her. Front line staff not being kept in the loop and having to deal with frustrated customers isnt a great working experience for anyone.

Anyway, thanks again for your help on this, lets hope a resolve appears soon for us all. :handshake:
XANDER
Apprentice
Options

Having bought 2 watches 46mm for myself and the rose gold for my partner I have to say I am also dissapointed with the level of service.  Both watches were returned for replacement.  My watch faild to track heart rate and rose gold had poor battery life.  Support was clearly lacking over the phone and they originally lost my watch when it was returned.  Then told it would be replaced straight away only to later be told there was no stock.

New watch has arrived and now does not track steps its frustrating not knowing if its a software or hardware issue. 

I made a complaint via the sales email when my 46mm watch had not been replaced only to be told it had been delivered (they were talking about the replacement rose gold one) I hate to say it but it is clear that the sales team simply dont read the emails properly or clealry have standard responses that they cut and paste.  If I get one more email telling me that thet appreciate my custom and that I matter to them and they want me to be happy  I may never purchase another product again.  The support is poor.

I am now left with another faulty watch and in the same position of not knowing what to do.  Samsungs answer is get a refund!

Maybe this time I will and not bother with future Samsung products which is a pitty as i have had the S3,5,7 and watch and was looking forward to the next smartphone release!

Samsung have possibly lost a customer for good.

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

-  I guess the only comforting aspect at the moment is your far from being the only one with problems on the Galaxy Watch or indeed have trouble with 'UK' support.

It really isnt good enough that after 3 weeks Samsung have failed to address the situation, publicly at least. These forums, Samsung support lines and the multitude of socal media groups I think would calm down a little if they could at least acknowledge the issue and tell us its software or hardware related.

Im hoping the silence doesnt mean its hardware, if they confirmed that I think Wear OS shares may get a sudden boost :winking-face:

XANDER
Apprentice
Options

The whole situation is shocking.... My partners duo charger turned up a couple of days ago and mine is nowhere to be seen... Her watch was preorderd after mine... I'm expecting a battle to get mine... But may be proved wrong in the 28th. I shall wait and see! 

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

The support really is poor. I received an email back after complaining about steps and no deep sleep data asking me to check I had auto workout selected and to reset. I sent a rather sharp email back saying the issues started on day 1, and no device needs resetting that quickly and what does the auto workout setting got to do with anything. Think it's about time they informed users what's happening now or they could have a lot of the pre orders returned!!! Let's see whether they send another email back.