Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung store no longer working

(Topic created on: 09-10-2018 11:52 PM)
csc2ya
Student
Options

I'm wondering, has the app store for tizen devices been discontinued?

I've been unable to load certain parts of it for nearly a week now.

When tapping on a watch face on my phone (Huawei P20 Lite), it will get stuck on the spinner for ages, then say 'a network error occurred. Please try again later.'

I've also connected the watch (Gear S3 Frontier) to wifi, and tried from the watch, but I get the same error.

I've tried rebooting my router, and phone, and it's made no difference. I guess the last resort would be to clear the data for the app, but I want to avoid that, as if it doesn't fix it, then i've got a £350 paper weight.

--
Phone: Galaxy S20+ 5G
Watch: Galaxy Watch 3
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @csc2ya

Do you have any updates pending for your Galaxy Wearables App ?

I can download apps via the wearables app and Samsung Galaxy Apps to my Samsung Gear s3 frontier watch via my Note 9. 

Screenshot_20181010-055006_Gear S Plugin.jpg

Screenshot_20181010-054919_Galaxy Apps.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
csc2ya
Student
Options

I haven't had time lately to reply, so apologies for the late reply.

As for updates, i've checked the play store, and there are no updates shown for the gear app.

I'm now getting a slightly different error from before that says 'an error has occurred. Please try again later'

loading screen that stays for a long timeloading screen that stays for a long timeAn error has occuredAn error has occured

I note, that I never had these issues with my previous phone (a oneplus 3), so the cynic in me is beginning to think that either huawei are blocking access to the samsung servers, or samsung are blocking access from certain manufacturers devices.

--
Phone: Galaxy S20+ 5G
Watch: Galaxy Watch 3
0 Likes