Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart watches- beware

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 12:44 PM)
dsharpe247
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung Loyalists/ potential customers,

It gives me great sorrow to reveal my recent experience with my Samsung device and the customer service that did nothing to resolve my issue.

I have many Samsung products over the years and ben happy with my purchases and through this i have always bought my electronical goods from Samsung. However, in this instance I find it truly unacceptable and i'm flabbergasted at the service i received. 

I sit all day in the office and wanted to track my activities so I bought the Samsung Watch (R800) as  its advertised as being the watch to track your activities and all levels of fitness.

5 weeks ago it began going into a continuous loop of restarting, not knowing what it was and being under a year of my purchase i sent it to Samsung for repair, after 2 weeks of having my watch they said that my watch had liquid damage and therefore out of warranty and it would be more or less the price of the watch to repair.

Now, i can guarantee you all that i never even took a shower in that watch i only wore it day to day and during my workouts therefore the only sort of liquid that could of entered the watch is sweat.

Samsung services more or less hard luck. looking into the products book it says avoid sweat.

I now feel mis-sold as i bought something which says it does something but was not fit for purpose and got no help at all.WhatsApp Image 2022-07-12 at 8.38.56 PM.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-07-12 at 8.38.56 PM (1).jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-07-12 at 8.38.56 PM (2).jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-07-12 at 8.38.57 PM.jpg

Would I buy a Samsung product again, simple No. 

2 REPLIES 2
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Lol avoid sweat, that's worse than the Apple store telling me a phone case crack is not covered as the case is not designed to be taken off, I was like WTF get the Manager.

Lot of firms try this idiotic "not as designed" remind them of the UK statutory law and also that the product was not designed for real world use.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
BateDoska
First Poster
Options

I am a big fan of watches and have purchased one for my collection. After your post, I will keep a closer eye on the Samsung smartwatch. At the moment, I am completely satisfied with the watch. I keep them in a watch winder box. It sits elegantly, stylishly, and beautifully on my hand. As you would expect, the accuracy of the watch is excellent! Who wears a watch to see the time? Wristwatches have become a status item. You can tell at once what kind of person is in front of you just in a couple of seconds.

0 Likes