Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Smart Watch Discussion

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 09:41 PM)
LiquidSnake
Troubleshooter
Options
Wearables
I have never had a Samsung Smart Watch before and was just wondering; what is the main benefits of having a Smart Watch? Something that you cannot do on your phone and only on the watch? Please give examples. Thank you! 🙃

Also, if possible, please share any quirks/disadvantages that you may experience, when having a Smart Watch. 😊
5 REPLIES 5
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Wearables
Smart watch, it adds a lot of convenience and flexibility... depending on the model you can receive calls, text, WhatsApp messages etc on your watch rather than your phone... quick to your wrist, so your phone can be in your pocket and with a flick of your wrist... you got it all there.

With LTE versions... you can leave your phone at home or work and still have all these updates come to you. It's a good way to keep up with your health and exercise monitoring without having the phone on your body too.

Some people find it easier having a smart watch especially depending on their job or working environment.
Vexs
First Poster
Options
Wearables
The biggest change for me was spending less time with my phone in my hand. The quick text replies, a quick glance to see who's calling or what that notification is and is it even worth unlocking my phone for in the first place. It just led to me being less distracted on my phone.
Just overall a useful bit of tech I didn't really know I needed until I bought one!
LiquidSnake
Troubleshooter
Options
Wearables
Thanks for the replies @Vexs and @Mitzzz999!

I'm probably thinking that a Smart Watch is ultimately not for me, as it doesn't offer anything new or exciting for me lol. All I need is just a trusty, all-rounder handset 😊.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Wearables
I remember speaking to people who were using smart watches... when they received a notification it does look as if they're looking at the time to get off quick on you as if they're bored lol... then when they look up at you... they realise how it looks and then apologise and explain they're not looking to rush off... they're checking the message or email haha... I knew anyway as I know how smart watches work... but think how that looks to people who don't understand smart watches.
JAMES4578
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Wearables

I do not have a Smart Watch and not tempted at the moment anyway.  However know the Galaxy Watch 3 has 120 workout videos and some folk like  them for the ECG monitoring (though that would not entice me by itself)

My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 3.1,Android 11