Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung S7 oreo update issues

(Topic created on: 10-05-2018 07:25 AM)
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I downloaded the new update this morning and started the install on my galazy S7 it is now 9 HOURS LATER and it is still installing !! whats going on with this thing my phone is now useless can't do anything with it !!!

Andy

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91
Nav197707
First Poster
Options
Did you get it fixed yet
0 Likes
magsiesss
Journeyman
Options

I was going to wait until I had the phone back before posting an update - but to give Samsung their due - they picked up my phone on Tuesday and last night the status was updated to say it had been repaired and would be returned to me.  So very fast work from Samsung .....  looking forward to receiving it by tomorrow.  Well done Samsung and thank you. 

fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

I fixed mine myself everything is fine now.

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

The CEO's office said they won't pay compo.

0 Likes
PHILLIPD1234
First Poster
Options

Hi

Mine is fixed now. I phoned Samsung Tech Support and they advised that the Oreo update had installed even though I had done a factory reset.  Shame about the no compo. It has caused me a great deal of time in sorting it out.

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

When the CEO's office said they wouldn't pay compo, I asked again. They asked how much I expected. I said 100.

0 Likes
Chris1879
Student
Options

Hi Calvin

I am totally with you on this - if you want to share ideas about going to the small claims court then lets keep in touch. I have had exactly the same problems as you and am awaiting a call back from customer relations tomorrow. I do not want to do a factory reset so I've left Samsung with two options - either their technicians find the fault and rectify it with a patch fix or compensate me. 

0 Likes
Chris1879
Student
Options

Chris, that is terrible. They are hoping this will blow over. I am personally furious about this. I'm awaiting a call back from Customer Relations tomorrow - let's see what they have to say....

0 Likes
Chris1879
Student
Options

Hi Magsie - did they do a factory reset? - I need to avoid this.

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

Nice one! Wish I'd thought of that.

0 Likes