Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S3 frontier not connecting to Pixel 3

(Topic created on: 21-11-2018 05:55 AM)
Sunny1988
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung S3 frontier is not connecting to Pixel 3. Is it because of Andriod 9 Pie? It has been more than a month. But still unable to use it. Tried to reset to factory settings but no use. Now the watch sits at home.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sunny1988

This Samsung Link shows the phones that are compatible with the Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch. 

Compatible  with Android and iOS.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Sunny1988
Apprentice
Options

It used to work perfectly with my pixel 2. When the OS got updated to Android 9 watch stopped connecting to the phone. Same happened with Pixel 3 since it came with Pie 9 installed. Is there a chance of fixing this problem or I have wasted my money buying frontier?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung One Ui / Pie is out on Beta just now so that could be possibly hindering connection. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Sunny1988
Apprentice
Options

So any news on when Samsung supports Pie?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Sunny1988

It's coming soon for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. Keep an eye on the Samsung Members app for updates.

0 Likes
Evets
First Poster
Options

When I try to manage notifications my gear  by tapping Settings the next screenasks "Connect using Bluetooth?" if I tap the right side with the check system has a blue circlre rotating and after a couple of chirps the screen comes back saying Can't connect, try again.

On my pixle 3 under settings blur=etooth says Gear S3 (B483) Input.

How do I correct?  

0 Likes
BakedL
First Poster
Options

As of 12/18/2020 my Gear S3 doesnt connect to my Pixel 3xl..... what is the issue? I have rebooted phone and watch multiple times. My phones ways its connected however my watch shows its not and doesnt get notifications. I am lost. Time to scrap the S3 and go Apple?

0 Likes