Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Phasing Out Support For Tizen Smartwatches

(Topic created on: 02-06-2024 09:12 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung is phasing out Support(perhaps not too surprising),the Tizen operating system will be discontinued by the end of 2025.  The blocking of new watch content has now started and whilst existing downloads will remain on devices,purchased watch faces for older devices will no longer be available for download after  the end of September 2025.

More detail here https://9to5google.com/2024/05/31/samsung-sunsetting-tizen-smartwatch-os/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Seems a shame that Samsung won't keep their own software going.
Bit annoying my S3 frontier that I really like, I will be forced to change. It's still working great as well.
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Tizen is going strong for tvs. Sansung and Google made a deal that samsungs smartwatches would use wear os which makes sense as mainly there smartwatches are android based with apps. It makes it easier for samsung and google
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

A real shame, Tizen for watches was great, yes problems but fixed and the battery life was stellar, for me jumping in bed with Google has offered little benefit over Tizen, battery life is worse.

Wonder if TV Tizen will go the same way with Android TV.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Really annoyed. My gear s3 frontier was still like new, had all the watch faces I wanted (not to mention having approximately 30 different straps that I'dbought for it), was set up exactly how I wanted, and was super snappy in operation. Bought an s24 ultra and found it wouldn't connect with my watch, so ended up giving it away and was forced to buy a watch 5pro which is, in my opinion, not as good as my old s3 frontier.
0 Likes