Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay watch plugin on Gear Sport

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 12:07 PM)
StefanSoyka
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung Gear Sport. Both are bought directly from Samsung Store in Sweden.

When I got the watch Samsung Pay was installed and everything worked fine. Then I had it at Samsung Service and they replaced the motherboard. Since then I am not able to install Samsung Pay on the watch. It works without any problems on my phone but Samsung Pay is not available anymore in Wearable and when I try to install the watch plugin from Play Store I get an error message when I try to open it and it tries to install it on the watch.

I have already done as support to delete cache for Wearable  and Pay without result and even factory reset the phone AND the watch on same time and reinstalled anything from scratch. It is still the same result.

I open in parallel a Samsung Pay ticket. Lets see how is fastest to help me :smiling-face:

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
just out of curiosity did they put in exact same motherboard or another another motherboard from a different country?
0 Likes
StefanSoyka
First Poster
Options

As the watch was for repair by Samsung Service in Sweden I would assume that they replaced with a Swedish one. The model name is still "Gear Sport (0FEB)" and the number "SM-R600", but no serial number shown.

0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
that's strange not having a serial number what happens if something goes wrong and they need serial number? I would enquire about that just incase they have put another motherboard in from another country that don't support samsung pay.
0 Likes
StefanSoyka
First Poster
Options

I see a/the serial number on my phone in the Galaxy Wearable app but not on the watch itself.  There the serial number is shown as "unknown". It is in a totally different format as the number written on the box.

I just deleted the data in data in "Galaxy Wearable" on my phone and after that my watch was reset.

Then it stared in German but switched to Swedish when it was connected to my Note 9 as there the language is Swedish.

0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
sounds like they have replaced the motherboard to a German motherboard and unfortunately Germany does not support samsung pay.
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
hi just thought i would share this with you.

Screenshot_20210215-153948_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
StefanSoyka
First Poster
Options

Thanks for sharing this and your suggestion!

I will take contact to Samsung Support again and ask them to replace motherboard with correct version.

Do you have any information about ser# series for the different countries?

0 Likes