Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay - says my ID is invalid but when I login into Samsung account it's okay?

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 08:39 AM)
Fatih
Navigator
Options

Hi does anyone know why when I want to use Samsung Pay app it says my ID is invalid but when I login into Samsung account it's okay?

Screenshot_2022-06-09-14-52-21-311_com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear.jpg

Go to solution
126 REPLIES 126
MeIsAndy
Apprentice
Options

I'm with you on moving away from a Samsung watch, but I think this points towards the confusion within support:

We're not trying to use Samsung Pay on a non Samsung phone. We're trying to use Samsung Pay on a Samsung watch.

As far as I'm aware, they are 100% correct about Samsung Pay not being compatible with non-Samsung phones, but that's not what we're having an issue with. 

0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

I don't know what to say mate as I'm buying GW4 solely just for Samsung Pay.

0 Likes
MeIsAndy
Apprentice
Options

Trust me, I'm with you. I have an original GW and I use(d) Samsung Pay regularly. I'm highly annoyed at what's going on, but I suspect there's an issue with the login server rather than a change in support.

That also doesn't change the fact that this will likely be my first, last, and only Samsung watch.

0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

Yeah. It's crazy man. Why would I buy GW4 if I know I couldn't use Samsung Pay. The issue with battery drain also doesn't resolve and now this? Doesn't make sense.

0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

Ya right. The reason buying GW4 just because want to use Samsung Pay using watch, not phone.

0 Likes
AlexCaba78
Explorer
Options

You are right but we need a smartphone to configure Samsung Pay on our smartwatch.

I think the support don't have idea whats the real problem, the problem is not to big (for now) for Samsung for investigate.

0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

Let's just wait and see. What Samsung takes on this issue. If it is what it is then no more GW4 for me.

0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

We'll be needing Samsung phone to use Samsung Pay. As Google pixel also doesn't works with galaxy watch. 

0 Likes
Acid113
Apprentice
Options

Is there a way to downgrade ?

I have downloaded Samsung Pay Watch Plug in_v2.7.12.20006, but same error.

I think it was an in-app upgrade.

My watch suddenly made an reset today (after hold under water to clean it), and i had to login again to samsung pay. 😞 But it was not possible. Nice to see that i am not alone. No Problems so far before the Reset of my galaxy watch

0 Likes
AldTar
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem and reported it the 13rd, the call center was not aware of any change in spay policies. Today morning I received a call from Samsung saying that they discontinued the service with non Samsung phones.

It seems to me absurd but it's ok, I configured gpay and used an app that I found on xda to remap the spay button to gpay. I guess the less Samsung services I use the better. If Samsung is cool with that I'll not complain. 

0 Likes