Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay - says my ID is invalid but when I login into Samsung account it's okay?

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 08:39 AM)
Fatih
Navigator
Options

Hi does anyone know why when I want to use Samsung Pay app it says my ID is invalid but when I login into Samsung account it's okay?

Screenshot_2022-06-09-14-52-21-311_com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear.jpg

Go to solution
126 REPLIES 126
Fatih
Navigator
Options

😅

0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

I don't know bro. They replied me this. 

About your issue, as per checking, currently, the Samsung Pay usage on other phones has been changed. Thus, only supported Samsung phone models are able to use Samsung Pay, as other Android phones are no longer able to use it as previously.

But who knows what will happen in the future. 

0 Likes
MeIsAndy
Apprentice
Options

Perhaps they are confusing using Samsung Pay on a Samsung wearable with using Samsung Pay on a non Android phone? 

0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

Well I don't think so. Previously Samsung Pay can used using non Samsung phone but after latest updates Samsung Pay couldn't be used by non Samsung phone which they replied me that. 

0 Likes
AlexCaba78
Explorer
Options

Same issue. I call the Samsung Pay italian's help desk last sunday and tell me to waith 24/48 h because the service is under maintenance.

I contact the help desk Samsung (chat) this morning and they don't have idea what is the problem. She tell me that can't help me because I don't have a Samsung phone.  They advised me to contact Samsung pay support again

But the official page of Samsung Pay say: " To use Samsung Pay on your smart watch with a non-Samsung phone, you must update to Android 6.0 or higher."
This is the link:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003065/#:~:text=To%20use%20Samsung%20Pay%20o....

0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

My Android version is higher than 6.0 already. I can used Samsung Pay using non Samsung phone previously but now after the latest update on Samsung Pay couldn't be used anymore and I've already contacted Samsung and got clarification already.

About your issue, as per checking, currently, the Samsung Pay usage on other phones has been changed. Thus, only supported Samsung phone models are able to use Samsung Pay, as other Android phones are no longer able to use it as previously.

This what they said. 

0 Likes
AlexCaba78
Explorer
Options
The official web page does not report this update, even the Italian support does not report this update. No communication received from Samsung regarding this update. Ok, I'm going to Amazon to buy a new non-Samsung smartwatch.
0 Likes
Fatih
Navigator
Options

Yeap. I'm quite baffle also as I buy Samsung watch only just to use Samsung Pay but now doesn't seem useful. 

0 Likes
MeIsAndy
Apprentice
Options

I don't dispute what they said. I'm just trying to consider other explainations.

I work in the support world. Sometimes when there are issues there are agents who aren't up to date and will just say things. It happens and could be the case here.

The other explanation (i.e. the blanket removal of Samsung Pay on a wearable when paired to a non-Samsung phone) doesn't make much sense. 

1. A MASSIVE change like that would be communicated to users.
  2. It would likely include a message when you try to set up Samsung Pay when using a non-Samsung phone. It wouldn't simply say something like "ID not valid."
  3. It makes HORRIBLE business sense. With the Pixel coming out, Google needs every bit of help to overcome the years of dragging their feet, and Samsung making a widely used feature of a watch exclusive to owners of Samsung Phones could be one of those bits of help. I know I'm FAR more likely to replace the watch than my phone. I'd been holding off upgrading my watch (still on the original Galaxy Watch) and had been wavering between just getting a GW4 or waiting for the Pixel. If this change were intentional, this 100% puts the sale in Google's court. I can't be special in this regard.
0 Likes
AlexCaba78
Explorer
Options

Samsung pay call me back. Said that, probabily, my phone (Motorola) is not compatibile with Samsung Pay and suggest me to try with a Samsung phone. 

I told them that until last Sunday Samsung Pay was working properly and I haven't changed the phone since then, they replied that they don't know the reason for this problem and sent me a voucher for a 20% discount for buying a Samsung phone on their site.

They also added that if there is an update to fix the problem I will definitely receive it.

Next purchase, WearOS smartwatch, DEFINITELY NOT SAMSUNG.

0 Likes