Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay - says my ID is invalid but when I login into Samsung account it's okay?

(Topic created on: 20-06-2022 08:45 PM)
Fatih
Navigator
Options

Hi does anyone know why when I want to use Samsung Pay app it says my ID is invalid but when I login into Samsung account it's okay?

Screenshot_2022-06-09-14-52-21-311_com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear.jpg

126 REPLIES 126
bl4ckkat
Journeyman
Options

I am going to blast them daily until they fix it or block me. Then I will open new account and continue. Corporate aholes! I could understand blocking Spay capability on other androids but not the ***** setup plugin you NEED for the watch.

bl4ckkat
Journeyman
Options

If you are in Australia there may be a way to force Samsung to give you a refund. In my case my watch was purchased less than 12 months ago and still under warranty. 

The ACCC states that..

Products must:

• match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
  • match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
  • be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
  • come with full title and ownership
  • not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
  • come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
  • meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees and money back offers
  • have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.

Samsung have breached at least three of those laws by removing the functionality. I have sent then an email requesting a full refund of the $449, or I will be lodging a complaint with the ACCC. I suggest anyone in Australia effected by this to do the same. I refuse to spend $449 on a watch that now has the same functionality of a $40 watch. 

0 Likes
AlexCaba78
Explorer
Options

Ticwatch have GPay for the payment via NFC. 
I bought it saturday on Amazon with a coupon (I'm in Italy). No problem to configure my credit and debit card on GPay. 
The smartwatch is good, It takes some time to get used to the operating system but, for now, I'm happy with my new purchase.

My active 2 is under warranty repair for touchscreen issues. If they fix it I will give it to a friend who has a Samsung smartphone if they don't fix it, it will be yet another confirmation that it was a good idea to abandon Samsung.

0 Likes
AlexCaba78
Explorer
Options

Tody (06/20/2022) the official Samsung webpage confirm that is possible configurate and use Samsung Pay on smartwatch with a NON Samsung phone. In the Play Store is possible download the Samsung Pay (Watch Plug-In) without limitation.

I think the Samsung support don't know the real problem and, when they don't know the answer for a problem, replay the the usual excuse: "You don't have a Samsung phone?!?!?!?! SHAME!!!!! I can't help you... bye...".

0 Likes
FJ Martin
Student
Options

The same problem from Spain.

After factory reset in the Watch 4, there is no way to sign in again into the Samsung Pay app.

It shows that the ID is not valid, when it is a valid one.

The official response received is to do factory reset again in the Watch 4 and restart the connect process again.

Of course, the result has been exactly the same as before.

Cantpay
First Poster
Options

Same problem…wasted 2 hours on this and got bounced from one rep to another 

id not valid… then locks out after several 

tries … my Samsung account has no issues 

Reset of phone or eatch

doing updates

remove reinstall

nothing works

0 Likes
stresscool
First Poster
Options

I was on the chat earlier with one of their support rep and I was told that there's an issue with the app and they were working on fixing it. I asked for a ETA and the rep told me I will get an email notification within 24 to 48 hours to let me know it's fixed.

stresscool_0-1655751636347.png

Bcny
Student
Options

Same problem here…it is so frustrating when tech support   cannot efficiently report on problems and users need to rely on community for support.

hopefully eta is real and thanks so much for sharing the information

0 Likes
AlexCaba78
Explorer
Options

Sorry to tell you that this is the same reply they gave to me Sunday 06/12: "the service is under maintenance, try again in 24/48 hours".

Wow this is the longest 24/48 hours of my life. I'm still waiting.

0 Likes
upsetaboutpay
Student
Options

Agreed, but "Oh, it's broken and we're trying to fix it" is still a better answer than "No samsung phone? No soup for you!"

This also means that nobody else gets to try to convince me to uninstall/reinstall the software again. Yet. 

0 Likes