Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay on Gear S3 repeatedly fails UK

(Topic created on: 25-09-2017 05:23 PM)
Borribles
Apprentice
Options

I have recently started using Samsung  Pay on both phone and Gear 3. Added HSBC card on both Samsung Pay &  Samsung Pay on Gear. No drama. However, after half a dozen payments the Gear stops working. Passcode entered,  pay button pushed and Gear vibrates but payment won't happen. I then  (frustratingly)  have to use my phone. 

I then  delete cards on both apps. Put them both back on and everything works just fine for a few more payments. Then....gear stops processing payments again!? 

Does anyone know why this is happening? I shall go back to using Android pay if this continues. 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Borribles

I’m with HSBC and prefer to use Android Pay over Samsung Pay as I find it cleaner to use.

That said I do not use your model of Watch. 

Have you managed to send a bug report from within the App if it allows it or asked HSBC themselves.

I hope this clears up ASAP for you. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Borribles
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately Android pay is only available on Android Wear watches which rules it out for me (at least on my watch). 

I will escalate this via samsung etc if it happens again. I've reset the cards so I'll monitor. I fully expect it to happen again but can't find anyone else having this problem atm. 

0 Likes
Nilesh
First Poster
Options

I got my Gear S3 and set up the Samsung Pay correctly on the S3. Can see all my cards.
Tried in Sainsburys and Asda today. Didn't work. Tried different cards. No joy.

When tried Amex kept on saying present card again....

When tried Nationwide it got declined.

Not sure what to do? I use Note 8

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As an update I recently uploaded my HSBC Card to Samsung Pay on my Gear s3 Frontier Watch and made.my first payment at Morrison's today and it worked fine as long as I held the watch very close to the scanner. 

Maybe delete Samsung Pay and start afresh. 

0 Likes
Nilesh
First Poster
Options

Thanks. Do you think I should delete the Samsung Pay on my phone as well? Samsung pay on my phone works perfectly. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung Pay on your phone is a different standalone app to the one on your watch so there's no need to delete it off the phone. 

0 Likes
Borribles
Apprentice
Options

Good Evening ,

It sounds like you are having the same issues as I experienced. It started to drive me mad. The two apps are (for phone and watch)  are indeed separate,  however, they are connected.  I'm sorry I can't give you an answer straight off the cuff, you'll have to Google it but I had to delete both apps (clear cache etc) .  Then I had to reload one app, load the cards and then load the other. One app had to be loaded before the other.  I can't remember which way round it was.  

After that I had no issues whatsoever. To date they work fine. 

Nilesh
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I did research the issue and as you recommended and as per other views I deleted both the apps. Deleted all the cache. Reinstalled on the S3 Gear first and then on my Note 8.

Still doesn't work. Just beeps and keeps on saying to present the card. I even spoke to the card issuers and they confirmed that all was fine at their end. 

Not sure what else to do. Contacted Samsung and luckily I didn't get a standard reply that my phone is from HongKong so can't help you. They asked me for a log file which I have sent them. Let's hope they come back with some solution. 

In the mean time any more suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Nilesh

I was going to import a Samsung Note Fe into the UK but unfortunatley as that is an import then Samsung Pay would not work. 

This was reported back from a few reviewers who imported it. 

Alas that could be the issue with yours. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

0 Likes