Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay not working on Galaxy Watch (46mm)

(Topic created on: 20-06-2019 11:06 AM)
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

Hi All,

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm to go with my new S10+. I've setup Samsung Pay on the mobile and on the watch but i'm having difficulty with NFC on the watch not picking up on quite a lot of devices.

It's definitely setup correctly and the 60-second timer comes on so all I have to do is touch the machine with the watch to make the payment but it's not connecting and making the payment. This happens on at least half the devices I try it on but some it works fine on so that's another indication it's setup correctly.

The Samsung shop in the Trafford centre suggested a re-load of the software which took them around and hour but it's still happening.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Could it be a faulty watch?

Thanks.

Regards
30 REPLIES 30
Steady
Apprentice
Options

I had thought it had improved following a recent update they pushed out but it happened again yesterday in Sainsbury's.

It's very embarrassing when it happens, particularly when you have people waiting behind you.

Steve

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

Honestly guys, take it back and just buy an Apple. I moved from Apple this year to Samsung and have never had so many issues with different things and absolutely rubbish to zero support. Cannot wait to go back!

Regards
0 Likes
Nake
Student
Options

This is unsolvable and Samsung wouldn't give you the money back or change the device! I don' t know what is more disappointing, a watch that doesn't give you the possibility of using its most important function once you change country or a custumer service that  doesn't do anything about it! This watch was a total waste of money and time! I had requested it for my birthday and got the very bad news once I started using it. From what I understand the issue stands for the Samsung watches... what a waste of money.

Nake
Student
Options

This is unsolvable and Samsung wouldn't give you the money back or change the device! I don' t know what is more disappointing, a watch that doesn't give you the possibility of using its most important function once you change country or a custumer service that  doesn't do anything about it! This watch was a total waste of money and time! I had requested it for my birthday and got the very bad news once I started using it. From what I understand the issue stands for the Samsung watches... what a waste of money.

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

They have to give to give you your money back as the watch is unfit for purpose. That is the law.

I would gice them and ultimatum that it doesn't work and you want a refund as it id unfit for purpose. If they refuse ask them under what grounds they are refusing?

Then contact trading standards. 

Regards
0 Likes
Steady
Apprentice
Options

Since I first posted this acticle mine has improved slightly.  There was a big update a few months ago and I think that may of helped.  Also I note you have to get the watch face right against the contact area of the reader, I normaly go for the LCD screen and push the watch face right on it.  Some have the contacless reader area at the top of the card machine.  Mine works 80% of the time now and it was around 50% before

0 Likes
NicksGarage
First Poster
Options

RATS! I just bought the Galaxy Watch yesterday to replace my trusty S3 Frontier and this morning went to buy something at Lowes where I always use Samsung Pay with the watch and it didn't with the new one. After years of telling people I could use my watch to pay a places that don't have NFC terminals, now I can't. I like the new watch but this is a major problem so I'll be returning it and going back to the Frontier.

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

I took the watch back immediately after I had issues.

Just literally now bought the iPhone XS MAX from Amazon. I'm going bak to Apple because there's just too many bugs with Android and Samsung customer services are rubbish.

The next TV I buy will probably be an LG OLED as well instead of a Samsung Flagship 75" QLED as well. Bye bye Samsung!

There's no need for QLED anyway because it's too bright and you don't need that kind of brightness unless it's shining into the sun. It's all about the blacks not brightness if you want a good picture.

Regards
0 Likes
blknght22571
Student
Options

I have the Gear S2, S3, and Watch.  Never had a problem using the S2 or S3 anywhere, but the Watch will not work at Wal-Mart or any other store that uses the same card reader.  In fact, if I try to use my watch, then switch to my phone, or even use my card, the payment gets declined.  I have had my debit card get locked out for fraud suspicion because of this watch!  Samsung tech support is no help.  I already wiped both the watch and my Note 8, reinstalled everything, uninstalled everything, and still have the issue.  I have been trying to get them to fix it for the entire two months I've had this POC, but they keep telling me to uninstall, wipe, and reinstall.  I have used Samsung phones since the BlackJack II, so this ain't my first rodeo.  In fact, when I called tech support a couple of weeks ago, they talked to me like I was an *****, and didn't know anything.  I have built computers, rooted and customized Android devices, and even dabble with the software in my Fords.  I am NOT a technological *****!

0 Likes
blknght22571
Student
Options

@blknght22571 wrote:

I have the Gear S2, S3, and Watch.  Never had a problem using the S2 or S3 anywhere, but the Watch will not work at Wal-Mart or any other store that uses the same card reader.  In fact, if I try to use my watch, then switch to my phone, or even use my card, the payment gets declined.  I have had my debit card get locked out for fraud suspicion because of this watch!  Samsung tech support is no help.  I already wiped both the watch and my Note 8, reinstalled everything, uninstalled everything, and still have the issue.  I have been trying to get them to fix it for the entire two months I've had this POC, but they keep telling me to uninstall, wipe, and reinstall.  I have used Samsung phones since the BlackJack II, so this ain't my first rodeo.  In fact, when I called tech support a couple of weeks ago, they talked to me like I was an *****, and didn't know anything.  I have built computers, rooted and customized Android devices, and even dabble with the software in my Fords.  I am NOT a technological *****!

So, you want to censor me for you calling me an eye-dee-ten-tee, huh, Samsung?

0 Likes