Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay not working on Galaxy Watch (46mm)

(Topic created on: 16-03-2019 02:52 AM)
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

Hi All,

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm to go with my new S10+. I've setup Samsung Pay on the mobile and on the watch but i'm having difficulty with NFC on the watch not picking up on quite a lot of devices.

It's definitely setup correctly and the 60-second timer comes on so all I have to do is touch the machine with the watch to make the payment but it's not connecting and making the payment. This happens on at least half the devices I try it on but some it works fine on so that's another indication it's setup correctly.

The Samsung shop in the Trafford centre suggested a re-load of the software which took them around and hour but it's still happening.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Could it be a faulty watch?

Thanks.

Regards
30 REPLIES 30
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm using the Samsung Gear s3 Frontier watch which I appreciate is the model below yours and have no issues with Samsung Pay on it @Daskew78 

I'm on Tizen 4.

Personally if this was my watch I'd ask the seller to replace it as I had done all that could be achieved via self troubleshooting. 

Either the software or hardware is possibly corrupted meaning an intermittent issue.

We expect for things like this just to work and not instead proceed to pay and are left in suspense if it's going to work or not and then have to find an alternative method of payment.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Well after taking it to the Samsung store in Manchester and having the software reloaded I still had issues so I had Argos replace it. It was working in a few places then I went to somewhere else and it wasn't working again no matter what I tried. I never had any of these issues with the Apple Pay on the Apple Watch and it's too temperamental so I ditched it for a refund.

Thanks.

Regards
Steady
Apprentice
Options

I have the Samsung Galaxy watch 42mm and I have exactly the same issue you try pay in one shop it doesn't work you try in another shop it does switch to pay on your phone always works very embarrassing any solution available or should I send it back for an exchange

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the watch is working in one retailer and then not another I'm more inclined to think it's a problem with the equipment in the actual store that's at issue.

Sometimes in Sainsbury's Supermarket in the UK I have to offer my watch up to the reader a few times for it to register for example.

Yet in Morrison's Supermarket UK it generally works 1st time so that leads me to believe it's the hardware or software in the actual scanner.

If the watch wasn't working in all the shops then I'd then be inclined to think it's the watch and need that looking at.

There's nothing however stopping a person visiting a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for a diagnostic test on the device.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Steady
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

If the watch is working in one retailer and then not another I'm more inclined to think it's a problem with the equipment in the actual store that's at issue.

Sometimes in Sainsbury's Supermarket in the UK I have to offer my watch up to the reader a few times for it to register for example.

Yet in Morrison's Supermarket UK it generally works 1st time so that leads me to believe it's the hardware or software in the actual scanner.

If the watch wasn't working in all the shops then I'd then be inclined to think it's the watch and need that looking at.

There's nothing however stopping a person visiting a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for a diagnostic test on the device.

Agreed, but...

I tried in a shop with the watch and it just gave an error, tried again same issue.  took out my S9 and opened Samsung pay, it worked first time.  For me this proves the retailers machine takes Samsung pay

It's currently around a 50% fail rate with the watch which defeats the object of its convenience I'd say.

If I take it back and Samsung test it they will likley say its working OK as it does half of the time

am I the only one with this issue?

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

It's the watch faulty. I used to have an Apple watch before I moved to Samsung (big mistake) and it worked flawslessly everywhere (and in places I had issues with my Samaung watch proving it's not the PDQ at fault).

I just ended up taking it back. Samsung support also might as well not exist it's that bad!

Regards
SacredBlaze
First Poster
Options

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Watch almost exactly one month ago.

Samsung Pay was working.. fine-ish.. I would say around a 80% success rate.

But in the last 2 weeks or so it has been a nightmare. Places where it used to work no problem are failing most of the time. I would place the current success rate even below 50%.

I'm thinking that the app needed an update but it doesn't seem like it. Currrently looking for a solution.

0 Likes
Steady
Apprentice
Options

@SacredBlaze wrote:

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Watch almost exactly one month ago.

Samsung Pay was working.. fine-ish.. I would say around a 80% success rate.

But in the last 2 weeks or so it has been a nightmare. Places where it used to work no problem are failing most of the time. I would place the current success rate even below 50%.

I'm thinking that the app needed an update but it doesn't seem like it. Currrently looking for a solution.

yep, this is exactly the issue I'm finding.

are they a 12 mth warrenty?  love the watch but need it to work. 

0 Likes
Geoff4
First Poster
Options

I too am having the same issues, surely a company like Samsung must be looking at ways of correcting this otherwise Apple will have no competition and people may switch to their smartphones as well.

0 Likes